─ ⁰⁹. BLACK MUST BE A DOG WITH A BONE

⚡︎
┄┄ .•* 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟗 *•. ┄┄

𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒎𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒔 𝒑𝒆𝒐𝒑𝒍𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒂 𝒃𝒖𝒏𝒄𝒉 𝒐𝒇 𝒅𝒖𝒎𝒃𝒂𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒔

────── *•. ⚡︎ .•*──────

Harry stayed in the Hospital Wing for the rest of the weekend—Poppy insisted—and along with him, stayed Ron and Hermione who only left at nightfall or for meals.

"Harold cut it out," Hermione told him sternly on Sunday as he kept sulking. "I know you're thinking you're going to die, and that the dementors have it out for you, but you won the game! So stop sulking. I know how the dementors affect you. I know it's hard but, for the love of God, get that stick out of your arse."

That made Harry stop sulking immediately and he started chit-chatting with his two friends.

On Monday the trio made their way to Defense. Well, they had to drag Hermione as she just wanted to keep seating on the comfortable, comfy, snuggling, relaxing couch in the common room.

"If Snape's teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts again, I'm skiving off," said Ron as they headed toward Lupin's classroom after lunch. "Check who's in there, Hermione."

Hermione smiled sarcastically at him and opened the classroom door walking in. As they didn't get a response Harry and Ron followed suit.

As the class took their seats Hermione saw Lupin smile as the outburst of indignation blew out, that and she saw something behind him, but as she squinted her eyes it disappeared. Huh. It kept happening to her. It was like she was seeing things, or people, but then they'd disappear. It was exactly that, actually.

"It's not fair, he was only filling in, why should he give us homework?"

"We don't know anything about werewolves—"

"—two rolls of parchment!"

"Did you tell Professor Snape we haven't covered them yet?" Lupin asked, frowning slightly. The babble broke out again.

"Yes, but he said we were really behind—"

"—he wouldn't listen—"

"—two rolls of parchment!"

"—Snivellous."

Professor Lupin smiled at the look of indignation on every face. "Don't worry. I'll speak to Professor Snape. You don't have to do the essay."

"Thank God," said Hermione, looking very happy. "I didn't even know what we had to do!"

They had a very enjoyable lesson. Professor Lupin had brought along a glass box containing a Hinkypunk, a little one-legged creature who looked as though he were made of wisps of smoke, rather frail and harmless looking.