─ ⁰⁸. YOU'LL CATCH FLIES, BLACK

⚡︎
┄┄ .•* 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟖 *•. ┄┄

𝒅𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑭𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝑾𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒍𝒆𝒚

────── *•. ⚡︎ .•*──────

"We have to find a better place to do this."

"There isn't much of a choice, Mimi."

"Still, this is the worst hiding place!" Hermione whispered shouted at the laughing redhead in front of her.

Fred and Hermione were both cramped up in a broom cupboard, their bodies close to one another.

The moon was high in the sky that night and the stars were shining brightly and there weren't many clouds covering them.

That night, after hers and Harry's detention with Umbridge (and Hermione's last detention at that), after Harry went to sleep, Fred had appeared in the common room with a grin. Unlike other times where they would talk or snog in the common room and, at some point during the night, fall asleep on the couch, only to be woken up by giggling firsties, Fred wanted to show something to Hermione. The curly-haired witch, of course, complied. It was Friday that day and she wanted to forget her responsibilities—not that she was actually doing something for her prefect's duties with exception of taking decimal points off people, which seemed to piss them off ("Four and thirty-six hundredths points from Slytherin for being a prat Malfoy!" "Two and eighty-four hundredths points for those really cute shoes, Angie!").

They had wandered through the halls walking up some stairs and running along the corridors, as Fred tried to throw Hermione over his shoulder when they heard the clicking of very annoying heels, which made Fred yank Hermione into the broom cupboard nearest to them. Hence where they are now.

"We could always use this moment for something else. . . ." Fred said with a cheeky grin raising his eyebrows suggestively.

Hermione rolled her eyes and let out a low giggle. "Get your head out of the gutter, Weasley, I want to see what you were gonna show me!"

Fred sighed dramatically, "Fine, I guess the pink thing is gone already." He opened the door slightly and after checking for toads grabbed her hand and pulled her along a couple of more corridors until they reached the bottom of the astronomy tower.

"The astronomy tower?" Hermione raised an eyebrow at him. "You do know I'm here every Astronomy class. It's not new."

"Shut up and come on," huffed Fred, making Hermione laugh as he pulled her along the stairs.

Going up the stairs to the Astronomy Tower might've been the only exercise Hermione didn't mind at all. Every Astronomy class she never complained about the stairs because she knew for a fact that what was waiting up there was worth the walk. The stars did always bring her comfort and Hermione finally realized why the brightest star in the sky, or Sirius, felt so comforting to her. It had been her father taking care of her even in another universe, which, as corny as it sounds, only made Hermione love the stars more.