─ ⁰¹. THAT MADE THE CHOICE EASIER

⚡︎
┄┄ .•* 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏 *•. ┄┄

𝒇𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒚 𝒓𝒆𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒄𝒐𝒄𝒌𝒚 𝒃𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒅𝒔

────── *•. ⚡︎ .•*──────

Summer had begun simply and mundane for Hermione Granger (or is it Black?). For the first week of the holidays, she had gone to Ireland with her "borrowed" family, the Grangers. She had visited old castles (some of them in ruins) and been to beautiful beaches full of life. The following week she had returned to London. Once she got there she accomplished three of her main goals for the summer.

Firstly and to her great displeasure, Hermione had to free Rita Skeeter from her jar. Why? Because by now it was borderline kidnapping and if Hermione kept her any longer, Rita could be the one pressing charges on her. She set her free in an empty little muggle park on the other side of London — far, far away from Hermione's house so the beetle couldn't follow her home. She threatened her and luckily the woman just nodded fearfully, while shaking from head to toe; immediately turning into a beetle and setting off.

The second task in hands for Hermione was to coerce her furry ginger cat, Crookshanks (Crooks for short) into liking her again. Hermione could swear the cat had worse mood swings than a woman on her period. The stubborn cat put into its head that Hermione had abandoned him—even though she left the cat with the Grangers as he requested. This task took to a lot of fighting and scratches in Hermione's arms—reminding her of why she didn't like cats in the first place. This then led to Hermione ignoring Crookshanks (because she could be pettier than him) until the cat in question admitted defeat.

The third and final thing she did was pack. Soon enough she would be going to the Headquarters of the Order of the Pheonix. When saying packing, it is more of throwing random objects inside her trunk. More so than usual. Saying Hermione was anxious was an understatement. She would be soon spending the rest of her summer in her father's house—and by association her house. A father who wasn't even aware she knew about him. Hermione could safely say that when she first met her mum it wasn't like this at all. She was in shock, sure—but that was mainly due to the surreal story of being thrown into another universe, only to be brought back and be able to see the dead (between them her mother). For some reason, seeing her dad with the mentality that he was indeed her father was worse than that. But Hermione decided to blame the fact that it was Sirius Black. One of her favorite characters (well, not a character anymore) from the Wizarding World. She never would've thought he—of all people—could be her father.

That was the main reason that on the day Remus was coming to pick her up and take her to Grimmauld Place, Hermione woke up rather early—of course, that early in her standards is nine-thirty in the morning, but it is early nonetheless. She showered quickly and got dressed—some jean shorts, a cropped tank top with the quote If life gives you lemons add Vodka on it (which Hermione agreed completely with), her black torn-out converse, and lastly the main ingredient, her precious leather jacket. She then checked if she had indeed packed everything—which consisted of Hermione looking around in her room to see if anything was still on it—and finally she closed her trunk and took it downstairs along with Vader in his cage and Crook's empty cage—she would blackmail him to go inside later.