"OH BROTHER" ♡

018

018.
INDICA MONROE

"where is he?" i asked, and furrowed my eyebrows. i swear, when i catch his ass he's a dead man.

"where is who?" she asked confused.

"come on, auntie li." ayanna said tiredly. "we know zion is in here."

just hearing ayanna say my fathers name made my blood boil. i always hated the fact that he can just waltz into our life whenever he felt like it. but then again, who wouldn't?

"indica, yuh fadda is not here." she said and rolled her eyes. "i called you two over here to tell yuh that i'm pregnant."

"pregnant?!" me and ayanna asked her at the same time with furrowed brows.

"get in the damn apartment!" she said motioning for us to come inside. we walked in and i plopped myself on the couch.

"...i have so many questions." ayanna said, and rubbed her forehead.

"first of all, are you keepin' it?" i asked.

"a wah type of question is that?" she asked, and looked at me like i had six heads. "of course imma keep the child! ...plus it's too late now anyways, i'm already seven months." she continued, mumbling the last part.

"SEVEN M—

"lower yuh goddamn voice! yuh forget i have neighbors?!" my mom yelled, cutting me off.

"so holdon— who the daddy?" ayanna asked.

"nah word, who the fuu—

"yuh think you can cuss in mi house cause yuh moved out?" she cut me off, and slapped the back of my head.

"mannn— ma, no offense, but you could of told us this over the phone." i said, and sighed. "plus this should of been said MONTHS ago. this is not something you can just keep from me!"

"i know, but mi nuh like the idea of you and ayanna in miami with some boys yuh just met." she replied like it was nothing.

"so you just— wowwwwwwwwww!" ayanna said, mesmerized. sorry to say, i wasn't surprised. my mom did bullshit like this all the time.

"mom they're our friends, we're with them everyday." i said tiredly.

"they're sweet boys, but i'm still yuh parent." she replied. "moved out or not."