s e v e n t e e n

Chapter Seventeen:

Chapter Seventeen:

Once the prince arrived at the castle, the Royal guards took you away from him. "Don't you dare touch her!" He shouts as he gets off of his horse to take you back into his arms. He glares at them as he walks inside the castle. The maids bowed down as the prince walked through the hallway.

Prince Jungkook heads towards his bedroom, wanting you to get the rest you need and not be bothered by this situation. He places you down on his bed. A smile appeared on his face as he admires your sleeping face. "Get the rest you need and I'll deal with this for you" he kisses your forehead before leaving the room.

"Your Highness, the King, and Princess are waiting for you at the throne room," a maid said. "Alright. Do me a favor and make sure no one enters my bedroom. I don't want Lady (Y/N) to wake up" and she nodded. The prince left and headed towards the room to deal with his family and the rest of the people who ruined his day.

He opens the door widely, not caring if it was loud or disrespectful. He saw King Yoongi speaking to his father and his sister with her arms crossed as she looks at her older brother. Many people were in the room watching him yet he didn't care. "The guards informed me that you brought Lady (Y/N). Where is she?" King Jeon asked.

"She's resting in my room. Now, what is about her poisoning Anne? If I was correct she was with me the whole day so how could she poison her? Where's your evidence on blaming my lover?" Prince Jungkook asked.

The doors opened to reveal Knight Jung walking inside and he kneels in front of the King. "This is what I found in her bedroom" he pulls out a small bottle. "I asked a friend of mine who knows about these things and he said it was poison," Knight Jung said, making the prince's eyes widened.

"There's your evidence, Prince Jungkook. Now guards go fetch her and-"

"LAY A FINGER ON HER AND YOU'RE ALL WILL BE HEADLESS!" Prince Jungkook yelled angrily. The prince clenched his jawline as he glares at his father.  "I know it's hard to expect the fact that the woman you love tried to harm your fiancé but-"

"You're all blind. Someone is trying to frame her. She would never do such a thing. Why on earth would she get out of killing Anne if she has everything that she ever wanted? Clearly, (Y/N) didn't want me before so she pushed me towards Anne. So what could she want from Anne?" Prince Jungkook asked his father.

Princess Somi smirks and looks at her father, waiting to hear what he had to say before she could speak yet no words escaped from his mouth. "It is true what he's saying, Father. Lady (Y/N) had no desire of becoming his bride. She was number one of the academy her whole school year. Lady (Y/N) isn't the jealous type" Princess Somi said.

"Have you ever consider that Lady Anne tried to kill herself?" She asked. "If so, why frame Lady (Y/N)?" King Yoongi suddenly joins the conversation. "It could be a coincidence that she had poison in her little cabin. Let's test the poisons to see if they are similar. And from there we will take charge" Princess Somi said and the others nodded.

She walks down towards her brother and whispers into his ear, "don't think I decided to help you because I love you. I could care less about our relationship" before walking out. Prince Jungkook looks up at his father once more before walking out of the room.

He heads back to his bedroom to see the maid standing by the door. "Thank you"' he smiles at her. "Of course your Highness. Have a good night" she bowed and walked away. The prince walked inside his bedroom, closes the door, and making sure it was locked. He sighs as he runs his fingers through his black hair.

Prince Jungkook unbuttons his shirt, throwing it onto his couch. You were still sleeping peacefully on his bed. He removes his crown, placing it down on the table, and moves his way towards his bed. The prince smiles brightly as he moves closer to you, wrapping his arms around you. A smile appeared on his face as he watches you cuddle against him.

It was the first time, Prince Jungkook slept comfortably in his bed.

———

The following morning, you woke up feeling warm and comfortable. You opened your eyes slowly and noticed a figure. Once you fully opened your eyes, you saw that figure was Prince Jungkook. He was holding you close to his chest. You felt your cheeks warm up when you realize he was shirtless.

You tried to escape from his embrace yet he was holding you tightly. You sighed and decided to wake him up. You poked his cheeks, hoping that he would wake up, and luckily he did. He opens his eyes and smiles at you. "Good morning, (Y/N)" he said in his deep voice. "Morning, Jungkook. Can you please do me a favor and let me go?" You asked him, looking directly at his eyes. He pouts and shakes his head, pulling you even closer to his body.

"I don't want to leave from his position. I feel comfortable with you in my arms" Prince Jungkook said. "Then I guess I'll just have to ask my questions in this position" You sighed. "First, why am I here? Second, why am I sleeping in your bedroom? Third, why are you shirtless?" You asked.

He kisses your cheek before replying. "Well, you got yourself into some trouble, but I as your loving boyfriend took care of it so I'll be taking you back to the cabin, or do you want to stay here with me?" He asked with a smirk. "I prefer my bed to any bed here in this castle. And who gave you the title of my boyfriend. I clearly remember not agreeing on dating you" you said.

"I thought we were since we made out at our-" You immediately covered his mouth as you hid underneath the sheets. "Your Highness, Lady Anne is asking for your presence," the maid said. Prince Jungkook sighs and turns over towards the maid. "I will be there shortly" he replied. The maid notices a figure next to the prince and when she closed the door, she giggled. She knew you were in there. After all, she was the one that he ordered to watch over you while he was dealing with his family.

"Is she gone?" You asked and he giggles. "Yeah, she is. I have no idea why you're hiding when everyone here knows that you spent the night with me. You just made it look worse by hiding yourself underneath the sheets" Prince Jungkook said.

You pushed him off of you and stood up. He pouts as he watches you put your shoes back on. The prince makes his way towards you and puts his hand on your waist, bringing his face towards your neck. You flinched when you felt wet kisses on the back of your neck. "What are you doing?" You asked. "Giving you my love and affection" he whispers. You laughed and stood up. You turned around to see him pouting.

"See you later, Jungkook" you ruffle his hair before walking out of his bedroom. He lays back down and smiles. "She ruffled my hair..." the prince said.

~

Prince Jungkook walks inside the room to see Lady Anne laying in her bed with the maids by her side. He signals them to leave and they did. "Y-Your Highness..." she calls him out. "Tell me the truth, did you try to poison yourself?" He asked her. "I-I..." tears started rolling down her cheeks as she nodded.

"I'm sorry. My parents...they have been-" Lady Anne was then pulled into a hug. Her cheeks turned red and her heart began to beat fast. "Don't you try to do that again. You're one of my closest friends, Anne. I care about you" he said. She cries in his arms. Not for feeling guilty. For him saying that he only sees her as a friend.

'Why can't you just love me?'