CHAPTER - 17

Singhania's Mansion

Mumbai

Sanjana's POV:

Its about time for Akshay to return from his business trip and I don't have a single clue on who stole Singhania Corporation's financial record and Why?

Every single lead from my office has come to a dead end. First, I thought it might be my Assitant but she was not invited to the engagement. And entering to the mention without an invitation was next to impossible because of the extra security line.

This lead to me in thinking that maybe the insider has somehow managed to get invitation but it was personally handled by Alex, so its not possible.

Then, how? I am still stuck on this how. What happens when financial records of a company are stolen?

There future investment plans, projects and biddings everything is in wrong hands.

This means that I can find out the suspect, if I come across any such dealings which are exactly the same as planned by Singhania's financial analysts and accountants.

I stormed from my room to Alex's office and knocked frantically. Alex has not gone on this trip with Akshay which is unusual because he almost all the time accompanies him. When a faint sound of come in was heard, I entered. 

"Ma'am, you needed something?" He asked standing up from his chair.

"Call me Sanjana and please sit down." I said myself taking a seat.

"Where will I find a copy of the stolen financial records?" I asked after we were both settled.

"There is no such copy." He sighed and answered.

"Who are you trying to fool?- I asked him raising a brow like Akshay does when he wants to  intimidate someone (not that he needed to, as everyone is enough terrorized in front of him)- You are telling me that a multi-billion dollar corporation does not have a back up file of his fiancial records. Interesting." I said musing to myself.

"Sanjana, I don't have any information regarding this matter." He replied keeping his stoic face on.

"Your emotionless face is not gonna hide the fact that Akshay has ordered you not to let anyone have access to the backup." I said scoffing more to myself than him.

"No comments." He replied non-chalantly and get back to his work.

"I am not some media reporter for you to shoo away with No comments. Okay, why don't you ask him to let me have a copy?" I asked wiggling my brows at him.

"I am not letting you fire your shots using me and get burnt." He replied without even glancing at me.

"So, you are saying that you can't get your hands on Singhania's financial record." I stated trying to goad him.

"I know what you are trying to do." He  said while typing away on his Mac.

"Do pray and tell." 

"Trying to find out if I have papers or not." He said while gazing into my eyes. "Anyway, what are you going to do with those papers?"

"I am going to make planes with them and play. Duh! Ofcourse, I am going to find out who stole the papers." This seems to shock him.

"And how?" He asked intrigued.

"First, promise me you will get papers for us, then I can try to think what I was planning." I coax him while pretending to check my nails.