Chapter - 51

ABZ Super Mall

Mumbai

Sanjana's POV:

For Akshay, I have decided to buy customised cufflinks with my and his initials entwined. I will make him wear it tomorrow, it would be such a face slap for that Ahaana. I hope she leaves today only but only hope can't make thing happens everytime.

While shopping for Akshay, I came across a baby store. My God! Did not I want to bring home whole store with me. It has so much cute stuff. So, I decided to get few things in neutral colours. I bought those cute penguin and panda pajamas for kids. They were so cute. I just can't wait for my little bean to arrive in this world. 

I will take tons of photos of him in cute different outfits and some embarrassing too, for his future girlfriends. Sanjana, you are getting ahead of yourself, he is not even 2 months old. 

Ma was the one who dragged me out of the store while rebuking me "Sanjana, even I am not as excited as you are. Save some excitement for the time when baby arrives."

"My excitement is never going to fade." I grumbled in a sour tone. 

"I will ask you the same after a year and would like to hear your response. Raising a kid is not easy. It takes immense patience, sleepless nights and what not." 

"In front of my baby's smile all this will be nothing." I was not ready to agree with her. 

"It is but it does not take away from the fact that it takes a village to raise a kid. Let's not talk about it further. Kirti needs your help in selecting some jewellery. Let's head there." 

"For now, I will listen to you. But that does not mean I agree with you. 

"I can see why you are an IAS Officer, you have the confidence to be committed to what you feel right and you still listen to the others opinion."

"But Akshay says in personal life I am impulsive, short tempered and what not." My tone was whiny like that of a child who was denied his candy. 

"Don't listen to him, atleast one of you need to be like that to make your lives a little interesting." 

"You also feel that your son is a bore." I exclaimed feeling giddy for some unknown reason. 

"Hey, hey watch your words..... he is my son but you are right, he is a bore." We both grinned at each other. Laughing at Akshay's expense is so much fun. 

Suddenly, the thought of my little bean turning out like Akshay crossed my mind and I shuddered at the thought. I placed my hand at my stomach gently and requested little bean to take anyone's personality and not his Dad's.

.. 

By this time I was surrounded by few ladies wanting me to help in their selections. For some reason, I was not interested in shopping today. It felt like I was forgetting something very important. It is very frustrating when you know that you are forgetting something but are not able to pinpoint it. It is there but you just can't spell it. You know what I am talking about. 

"Sanjana, you are not helping at all. Where are you lost?" A frustrated Kirti yells at me. 

"I don't know. It seems like I am forgetting something very important but I can't remember what is it." I mumbled. 

"You are feeling the same?" Me too. Is it related to my wedding?"

"If I knew I would have told you." I sat down on the sofa placed in the store. 

"After going home, let's go over all the birthdays, anniversaries and what not." Kirti suggested. 

"That's a good idea. You can shop and I will go to get ice-cream." And without waiting for anything else I dash to the ice-cream parlour. 

I am only allowed one scoop, as if I am going to listen to that arrogant brute. So, I ordered 5 ice-cream for Ma, Kirti, Mila bhabhi, Ranvijay's mom and myself in cups and that too different flavours, all which I wanted to eat. 

The problem is how will I hold 5 cups by myself. So, I decided to devour the my ice-cream in the parlour only. And after that, I carried the cups back to store. I can't execute my plan right now as Akshay's goon are lurking around. 

I came back to the jewellery store and handed everyone their ice-cream. Since, they were busy in shopping, this gave me a chance to steal the ice-cream and in the end I ate almost 3 cups. 

--

We reached home in the evening, only to find Ahaana mucking around in kitchen. 

"What are you doing here?" Ma asks her. 

"Akshay is home, he might be hungry. So, I am making some sandwiches for him." She answers hoping to get some brownie points from Ma but only to find that her cunning tricks will not work here. 

"No need for you to make. Akshay's lunch was sent for him in the office and he will eat what we have brought for everyone. Sanjana, go bring cutlery and Kirti, call everyone so that we all can eat together." 

Kirti and I at once set to work not caring about the iceblock since she seems to be frozen from a simple warning. 

--

So, we have brought rasmalai (an Indian sweet dish), faluda (another dessert), peri-peri fries, pizza, garlic bread and coldrink. It was my amazing idea to get some fast food for myself. I can't wait to devour it all. 

Kirti and I laid down everything. While Kirti waited for everyone to arrive, I did not care for the manners and was full on devouring delicacies before Akshay comes. 

And he came only to find my mouth stuffed with more than half slice of pizza and cheese dripping down from my lips. What can I say it was my favourite pizza - veggie loaded cheese spicy pizza. It had toppings of olives, jalapenos , bell pepers, baby corn, onion, tomato and a hell lot of cheese. 

But to my astonishment , he just shook his head at me and wiped my lips. I was gaping at him with my mouth full of food. Gross. 

"Eat slowly, the food is not going to run." 

"Are you sick?" I blurted out without thinking. 

"I was just kidding. I am very thankful for your generosity, your majesty." 

"You and your antics." He said while helping himself with a slice. 

Life is so blissful when you can find happiness in sweet moments with your family. 

{}