Chapter - 47

Goa, India

Sanjana's POV:

We were ambushed in the hotel's corridor by Rakesh and four of his men. How the hell did they enter here? Akshay has told me that he had notified the hotel staff to not let Rakesh enter the hotel premises.

Jai, Kirti Di and I were surrounded by Rakesh and his men. I tried not to let the fear I was feeling to be seen on my face but the same cannot be said for Kirti Di.

"Long time, Kirti." Rakesh taunted while smirking and closing in on us.

"Stay where you are." Jai warned while pulling out his weapon - A Smith & Wesson Model 60 Revolver.

As soon as, the gun was revealed, Rakesh's men also pulled out their weapons. I ambiguously glanced at the spot where I had seen a CCTV, it was not there.

" What are your intentions?" Jai asked seemingly unfazed by the 4 guns pointed at him. The same could not be said for Kirti Di and me. I consider myself pretty strong and courageous but in front of the guns, I was afraid. I don't know whether that fear was for myself or the life I was nurturing.

"Nothing much, just take Akshay Singhania's wife and sister as hostages and negotiate some terms with him." Rakesh replied amusingly. A disgusting smirk pasted on his lips. He was just above average in looks but right now looking at his face makes me want to puke.

" Over my dead body." Jai growled while readying his stance for fight.

" That can be arranged. " Rakesh signalled his men to make a move. It was at that point my courage acted again and a realisation hit me hard

"Stop. Jai put the weapon down. He has help from insider not just hotel staff as you must have guessed it." I let my explanation be brief and faced Rakesh. 

"A match of Akshay Singhania. No doubt you are his wife." Rakesh said while gazing at me lecherously from head to toe. His gaze was as disgusting as he was. I regret wearing this body hugging dress. I tolerated it from now, but when I gets hand on him, I will make sure to gauze his eyes out. 

" Keep your eyes to yourself." I snapped at him harshly. My hatred for him can be felt in my voice. At my tone his expression changed. 

"I will be very careful of my words when under someone else mercy." His tone menacing. 

"Do you think I am afraid of you?" My tone unwavering and without an ounce of fear. 

"Well, you should be when a single dose of these can lead to your miscarriage." He fished out bottles of misoprostol and mifeprostone. These are the drugs used for medical abortion. There mishandling and overdose can result into infertility as well. 

He is just a sick man. I need to stall him for some time till Akshay arrives here. I will not be a victim of his cruel plans because of his enmity with Akshay. 

"Who told you about me being pregnant?" I asked after getting few drags of air. My voice was small. 

"It's bad manner to reveal your partner but since I have no use of her anymore, I will tell you. Its your husband's friend Nivaana." 

Nivaana but she has not be on the sphere since Ahaana came. How and why? What is her motive behind all these? 

"Don't put so much stress on your brain. The answer is simple. From the start she has been on my side. Afterall, she is my uncle's daughter. Bitch! wanted to betray me when she fell in love that Akshay but I had enough material to see her make a fool of herself." He spat out. 

" Well, I would say it was a nice plan but sadly it did not worked out." It was Akshay and he was with Goa Police.

As soon as I heard his voice, a relief washed over me. I made my way to him and sank into his embrace. Jai held Kirti Di as Police handled Rakesh.

"H-How d..." Kirti Di was unable to finish as she fiercely hugged Akshay sideways as I was not going to budge from his embrace.

"I boarede helicopter as soon as Jai notified me about seeing Rakesh in hotel. I was on line with him whole time. The plan was just to stall for few minutes, which Sanjana did perfectly." Akshay briefly explained.

"This is not over yet." Rakesh was yelling loudly as he was dragged away by the police.

"Alex, handle the rest." Akshay instructed and with that he ushered us to out of the building.

Seeing my look of confusion he explained.. "The helipad used was of a building 200mts away from here to prevent his people alerting him." I nodded at him and hugged him sideways again.

"Akshay, Ni.." I started but he cut me off.

"You need rest and a checkup from doctor. We will talk later." He asserted.

"But I am fine. There is no pain or any discomfort." My tone showing my irritation.

"What I said goes and you are not allowed to go on such excursion anymore." He snapped at me harshly.

I was ashamed of myself, it was due to our stubborness that gave Rakesh a chance to attack. I not only put mine but my peanut's life in danger. My hand instinctively went to my still to show stomach. I heartly apologised to my peanut and promised to never jeopardise his safety.

I did not realise when and how the tears of anguish start dripping from my eyes. It was when Akshay reached out to wipe them I realised was crying.

"I am sorry." I quietly whispered to him. He did not said anything but just hugged me and it was more than enough for me to know that he did not held it against me. Sometimes gestures convey more than words can ever define and I was very grateful for this gesture of his.

I felt that the love I had for this man multiplied a few times because when a woman loves she does not need money, grand presents or anything as such, she just needs love, security and respect from her lover. Women are more matured, more sensitive and emotional. This is sometimes seen as a weakness but thats what it makes them strong enough to gave birth to a new life because a woman's love, a mother's love and all the relation she is bound to in a lifetime she gaves it all, especially to the relation of a mother.

I was dragged out from my thoughts by the approaching sound of helicopter. Mila Bhabhi and Avantika were already on board. Akshay helped me climb and put on the safety belts and headphones.

Mila bhabhi reached over to briefly hug me and Kirti Di. Same with Avantika. And with that we were going back to Singhania Mansion. My house, my safe haven.

--XX--