4. ʙʀᴜɴᴄʜ

TW: ABUSE

———

You told me I could trust you, don't lie
I could really use it

Everybody needs love, even niggas like me

You told me I could trust you
And I could really use it

- Trust, Brent Faiyaz

•••

Saturday

Saturday

This morning/ afternoon I have brunch with my parents.

The only reason I'm going is because of my mother, I haven't seen her in a while and I want to make sure he hasn't been hitting her recently.

Yes, my father is an abusive fuck. He's hit my mother and I ever since I was about 3, but never did he hit my older brother Daniel.

Daniel is my half brother, he is a product from my fathers last failed marriage... hmm I wonder why it failed?

Daniel is the poster child, my father loves him so much and although I hate him, it hurts to know he'll never love me like that.

As a child all I ever wanted was his approval, his love, so I loved him so much it ended up hurting me more than if I just hated him. I became a doctor to please him, but he could care less.

He couldn't of cared any less if I loved or hated him, it's like he wanted to see my mother and I in pain.

My mother is hopelessly in love with a man who does nothing but hurt her and her son. I tried many times to get her to leave but her "love" for him always brings her back. 

Actually I can't tell if it's the love or the fear bringing her back... either way it looks like a serious case of Stockholm Syndrome to me.

I hated her for a very long time, how could she see the way he mentally, physically, and emotionally abused us but still love him. A small part of me still hates her for that, but most of me has forgiven her because she's hurting too.

I sigh getting up from my bed... I really don't want to go.

I strip out of my nightwear and step into the soothing hot water.

I subconsciously touched the scar on my top lip.

I let a tear slip, it pains me to know that I was a little boy who just wanted to be loved. Maddie loved me, she was my safe space but she's not here anymore.

My light tears turn into a waterfall. I closed my eyes letting the tears escape.
I hate feeling like this, I hate feeling weak.