6. ᴀɴɴɪᴠᴇʀꜱᴀʀʏ

Now and then you miss it, sounds make you cry
Some nights you dance with tears in your eyes

I came to visit, 'cause you see me like a UFO

That's like, never 'cause I made you use your self control
And you made me loose my self control, my self control

- Self Control, Frank Ocean

•••

Two Weeks Later- Wednesday

Today is Liz and I's 3rd year anniversary... I honestly don't know how it's lasted this long.

I met Liz a few months after the death of Maddie, I was living my life in an alcohol bottle and weed, trying to never have to face reality again.

~FLASHBACK~

"Shit" I said laughing as I fell off the couch in my V.I.P section, I was drunk as hell and higher than the fucking clouds.

Everyone around me was too
"Woah dude" someone just as high as me said as he helped me up

I stumbled back on to my feet and somehow made it to the bar, the waitress was taking too long to come back with my drink.

"4 shots of vodka straight" I slurred and he nodded

"You look like shit" a feminine voice said, I turned my head to face her. Her long blonde hair was in waves, her blue eyes were filled of an unidentifiable emotion, her make up was smeared, her outfit- damn she has a nice rack on her.

"You don't look too good yourself" she chuckled wiping a stray tear

"Well my boyfriend cheated on me with my best friend who's now dead to me"

"My situation is definitely worse" I slurred
"How so?"
"My best friend is actually dead, so let's drink!" I gave her 2 of the shots and I down the other two

"You're a mess" she laughed, I laughed along with her but once the laughter died down we just stared at each other and before I knew it we were making out.

~END OF FLASHBACK~

Sometimes I wish that day didn't happen, I wish I never met Liz, I wish I would've grieved better, so that I wouldn't be in a relationship with someone I'm not in love with.

Someone who's not Maddie.

Liz and I are like two lost puzzle pieces, as much as we try to fit each other, we know that we fit better with someone else.

Sadly those people aren't in our lives anymore so we make due with whatever fit we have.

•••