Chapter 20:LOVING YOU IS A LOSING GAME

I was just counting the hours till am finally back home with my bubby and might I say I was really excited. I miss him so much and I can't wait to get back to his warm and strong arms. I just had to pass through Nicky's and Marvel's room to say goodbye. Even though they didn't want me to go back early an even tried hard to convince me, I ended up bribing them with my famous chocolate cookies for two weeks and they eventually let me go but they still sulked over it. Currently am on Xav's door and as soon as I had knocked I had a 'come in' and I pushed it open only to find him watching a movie. 

"Hey, I hope you didn't come here to gloat over me losing to you cause I swear I'll throw you in the ocean if that's it," he said and I just chuckled and plopped on it," Even though  that sounds tempting, I just dropped by to say goodbye because I'll be heading home in an hour," I replied and in a second, he was up from the bed and kneeling beside me," Why? Has something happened Kiki?" he asked his voice laced with concern for me.

"Calm down wonder boy, am not in some kind of trouble am just home sick and I just thought since I wasn't doing anything and the vacation will be over in a few days that I'll just go home early and rest because I still have to  visit my in-laws and I need to be in great condition for that," I assured and he heaved in relief," Then am coming with you," I wanted to object but he stopped me, " Hear me out first, I only agreed to come to this trip you spend with my sister and you and to get to know her boyfriend but if you leave I'll be bored to hell since everybody has a companion and Nicky will spend all her time with Marvel and I don't want to suffer that torture of being alone so please let me come with you, I'll even get my helicopter to pick us up and take us to the airport then from their on we can take my jet to LA," he made a valid point and that just saves me the hustle of booking a ticket, so I ended up agreeing.

I went back to my suite and finished packing the rest of my things and after checking out I met him on the helipad and since his helicopter had arrived we immediately took off and soon we landed on a helipad near the airport and found a car waiting for us which took us to the airport and when we were already settled, we buckled up and soon we were heading back to LA. It took us approximately four hours to land and I was so tired so we first headed to his house to rest and later on he would drive me home and by then Xander would be back from the office and I could surprise him. When he reached his house I just went to the kitchen grabbed a bottle of water then headed up to my bedroom to have a nap and immediately I put my head on the pillows I was out cold.

" You are such a fat and ugly girl and I was just using to get my grades up. You didn't think that I would love you of all the girls in this school? Well you're just something that anybody can use to get anything and that's why you got no friends even though your father is rich, well Kimberly Mendoza, I hope you finally understand that nobody will ever love you and even your own brother left because even he can't stand you," he said and his friends and all the kids in the cafeteria laughed. I can't believe he humiliated me that way and I really thought he liked me for me and wanted to be my friend. The whole school and even everybody who befriended me have always had something to take from me and they just used me and now they are behind him laughing and admonishing me and I have always known the truth but I choose to ignore it and finally the truth is right in front of my eyes. I ran out of the cafeteria and went to the art room since this was the only room in the school that makes me feel safe and happy but today it couldn't be that for me and I sat down and cried my heart out with only four words in my mouth recurring "Why do I exist?'

I was woken up by a panicked and concerned Xavier shaking me to wake me up," Princess please wake up, come on Kimberly what's wrong are you hurt? Please wake up and stop crying princess you're making me worried," I woke up and say his face and I immediately wrapped my hands around his neck and cried my heart out because that memory that I have tried so hard to bury in the darkest pits of my memory but today of all days when I plan to surprise my husband and I should be in a good mood but it had suddenly appeared and I can't stop crying. Xavier kept on hugging me and saying soothing words to calm me down and he didn't dare ask me anything. It took a while but soon I stopped crying and all that was left were sobs.