CHAPTER 37:MAKING THINGS RIGHT.

RUBY'S POV.

Sometimes it can be hard because some decisions we make can be very hurtful to others but that is exactly what you need to actually be a little selfish with yourself so that you can be able to be the best version of yourself to others and oneself too.

I have been in deep sorrow ever since my daughter in law died and even more anguished by the aftermath of her death. I lost both my daughter and my son on that fateful day because she went with my Alex when she left this world. I always knew Kimberly was special from the time she was born and as she grew up. That girl has undergone so much judgement and trauma just because she was a plus size to everyone else. Living in LA didn't especially help because if you don't possess that petite, sexy model figure then you're not even worthy a second look and it's like you're not even feminine. She has struggled so much and Teresa has been confiding in me over the years about the challenges her daughter faces and how she feels like bad mother for not having any way to help her suffering daughter.

It was really heartbreaking because I too share in the problem because my own son contributed to the way that girl has turned out. Alex bullied her out of pre-school and he didn't have no remorse about it and since we spoiled him too much, he turned out to be such an arrogant, selfish player who only cares about his own interests and nobody else's. Walker and I thought that if we marry them Alex will be able to clean up his act and start acting responsibly and atone for bullying Kimberly in the past. As for Kimberly she may be able to finally find peace, happiness and also help to change Alex to a much better person and maybe just maybe they may find happiness and comfort in each other and finally love for may find a place in them.

I guess the stars weren't aligned well enough yet for them because Alex did exactly what everybody expected and he did hurt but this time she didn't run to her parents for comfort and lock herself away like before, she took the hardest most painful way out. She killed herself. Obviously, some details were never realized to the public and to everyone else, Kimberly was in a car accident and her car was plunged into the water and she drowned. It was really rough for Alexander and he fell into depression and for a while there it got pretty rough and bumpy and as parents, Walker and I felt so helpless. Finally, the Mendoza's shoe fit.

After Xander found out that we covered up the actual details surrounding her death, he went crazy because he thought it would have been deserving if he was punished for all his wrongdoings towards Kimberly and people can actually see how much of a disappoint, he is but even though he did all these bad stuffs, he's still my son and ruining his own life wouldn't bring Kim back and am sure she would want the best for him because that's who she is. He eventually but gradually picked himself up and he's been doing so great. So, with all that cycle of emotions, hard decisions to make and the falling out between our families, I'm concerned with the recent issue that I've heard about.

I was out the other day with one of my son's best friend Mariano to help him buy linens and curtains for his new house then he ended up telling me about the new young entrepreneur in town whom Alexander is interested in. It has really been a rollercoaster with this information and that's why I called Teresa over so that we can figure this out because this too will affect them.

"Hey Teresa how have you been? How's everything back home," I inquired as we sat down for lunch at my home, "We've been good especially since we saw the doctor and he says James's cancer hasn't come back and am just so appreciative of that. I also just closed the deal with Leo cosmetics and we're going to break ground very soon for the America division supply and am so excited for it, how about you?" we allowed the maids to place all the foods on the table and leave before we continued.

"I've been good, actually the other day I was with Mariano to shop for linens and curtains for his new property and I guess I never thought about it but Interior design and furnishing is just a fun thing I have always been good at and I was considering doing it as a little career just to keep me busy," the lunch was really amazing especially the eggplant salad and the spicy salmon coupled with this white wine. So, I decided I should bring it up because she needs to hear it from me to prevent any misunderstandings or issues.