2.1

Noe had a dream of him and his friends when they were children. Noe cried in his sleep while sleeping, "Louis...Louis..Louis!!!!" Vanitas tried shaking Noe to wake him up and slapped him in the face. As Noe woke up, he teared up and asked, "What was that for?" Vanitas just laughed in a cross sitting position and gazed at Noe's crybaby face.

"Oh, you two are up already?" You went to see them as soon as you heard the noise.

"Y/N?! I thought you... and we were... Vanitas! The last time I remembered is when we were both falling." Noe's confused face makes you want to burst out laughing but you maintained your composure and said, "Oh, yea, you two did and Mr. Smarty pants here thought you two could escape from me." you looked at Vanitas with the intent to kill.

Vanitas smiled at you and said, "Oh, were we? I would never run away from a beauty like you Y/N."

"HOLD ON! WHERE ARE WE?" Noe interrupted the conversation to confirm their location.

"Is it not obvious? You're in a prison cell." You grinned at them with dazzling sparkles around you that show your sense of achievement. You continued glaring at Vanitas, "And don't call my name like that, you pervert!"

Noe panicked and shouts, "WHY!? HOW! I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS Y/N?" Noe puts on a puppy face that you tried resisting. You thought to yourself, Just don't Noe, you'll make me look like the bad guy here.

You explained, "For your information Noe! I saved your life! Before I even collapse from the poisonous Eglantine from Ms. Florifa, I went down with my hand glider to catch up with you two and lucky me, due to your idiotic minds, both of you were knocked out by a rock. As I call the inspector, I passed out for ten hours after I found you two and they brought us here today."

Vanitas laughed, "I wish I could see your sleeping face Y/N." You frown at Vanitas with a face that expresses, Do you have a death wish?

He continued, "Rather than Y/N, I only saw Noe's babyface for half a day. Even you wake up like a baby Noe." Vanitas sighed.

"My wallet is missing and my other things! Why?!" Noe complained.

"You moron! We're in a prison cell, it's natural that they would confiscate all our things." Vanitas yelled at Noe.

"Shut up!" You stopped them from arguing and they kept quiet.

"Now that I have your book, I could investigate your true intentions HA HA HA HA" You showed them the Book of Vanitas and gave off an evil laugh.

The both of them looked at you like you were some and mad scientist. Noe looked at you fiercely and said, "Y/N, I need that book. That was my whole purpose for being here."

"Hoo-" You glared at Noe and smirked. This is my chance to get Noe to talk about why he wants this book. The events earlier were not in my expectations. Why would Vanitas use the book to heal vampires? Why is this person so calm? I thought they'd be enemies but from what I saw earlier, it seems like they agreed to have a partnership. Based on Noe's reactions, he is not that dense to agree right away but why. "Noe, I'm not here for fun and games too. I took this case to save humanity and vampires. I can't just hand you the book easily. As a detective, I believe in the truth. So, if you want my cooperation, you need to tell me everything you know and that includes you Vanitas." The atmosphere got heavy and they had sorrowful faces that made you thought, Did I went too far?

Noe gave in and explained thoroughly. "I came to Paris to find Vanitas' book because my master requested me to do so. Like you, I am tasked to find out its true intentions."