10.2

"I told you didn't I? I'll do anything for you, Y/N." Noe has that smile of worry as you try to assure him that you can also take care of yourself and patted his head, "Okay, okay so stop with the puppy eyes." You glared at Doctor Moreau and grabbed him by the collar, "Now then... Who cares if you know who I am? Who cares if you knew who my mother was? I'll find her myself, however... I'll give you a nice punch for abusing her all these years." As you were about to give him a piece of his medicine, a familiar figure just flew from above, aiming at Vanitas and Noe. With your keen senses, you immediately noticed and kicked Noe and Vanitas to the side. You were about to use your powers but it seems to be not working. You got distracted and the mysterious figure with a cloak grabbed Doctor Moreau and tried to escape. He spoke, "I had enough of this Doctor, I'm going to destroy your laboratory." Doctor Moreau got surprised, "Monsieur Spider! Aww, so soon?" The doctor was saddened and you froze for a moment and remembered a scene from the ball, "You're.." Noe also added, "Charlatan and Naenia..." You clicked your tongue, "Tsk. They are connected." Your deduction was right. You have a hunch earlier before entering Doctor Moreau's lab, So what if Doctor Moreau has been doing all these experiments that will change mankind? Does this mean all of the curse-bearers, the masked man, and all the issues that were happening all related to him? Or is there also someone working behind the scenes? I need more shreds of evidence. That was your thoughts before the chaos happened.

"Y/N!" Vanitas shouted. "What, the devil?!"

"It's the curse-bearer Dante and its company was after!" Noe backed up as he was trying to protect you. "Stop! You're not getting away." As Vanitas was trying to stop Doctor Moreau with his grimoire, Moreau asked, "Oh yea. Number 69. How's number 71? Since the Vampire of the Blue Moon took you two away from me. I assume you two are together as well. All the great times we had in my other lab. He was so attached to you. How was he?" Vanitas froze and got pale. His eyes were suddenly blank as he has flashbacks of his own, 'Big brother'

You held Noe's arm, "Noe! Get ready! Good thing I have my spear with me."

"We need to get out of here, Y/N!"

"Yea! We shou- Vanitas?" You were about to grab Vanitas as well but he was on the ground kneeling, "Vanitas! Vanitas! Get a grip! WHAT'S WRONG?" You tried calling him several times but it looks like he couldn't hear you. As the door was about to be destroyed, you pulled Vanitas' hand and raised his head, "Vani- huh?" You were speechless seeing him lifeless. "What- happen?" Noe clamored, "Y/N!" An otherworldly curse bearer broke through the door, " What exactly is that?!" Noe got alarmed by the situation. The curse bearer attacked us on all sides. It ate one of the guards."It's fast. Noe can you hel-" You had a plan in mind to stop all this chaos but all of a sudden Noe and Vanitas started arguing as you gaze at them. "Can you stand back!? If you're not going to help, back off, Vanitas." Noe got agitated. "Huh? You back off, you fool!" You pulled out your spear and you used your power once again, "SO ARE YOU BOTH JUST GOING TO STAND AND ARGUE? FINE!" You got furious. The two clicked their tongues and refocused their minds. "Vanitas, what is that?" You spoke with the pure resolve of killing it. He paused for a moment and said, "It is the malnomen Predateur, 'the shadow'". "Does it have any weakness?" He replied, "That I do not know. All I know is it ravenously devours all life in its path. Whatever the cost." Roland tried to charge in. Vanitas shouted, "Stop it! Inverse operations won't work. We must get the curse bearer out of there first." As Roland and the others were attacking it, 'the shadow' hit Vanitas and he fainted. "Vanitas!" You screamed. You took a deep breath and got infuriated with everything that happened. You have flashbacks of what Doctor Moreau said, to you, to Noe, to Vanitas. As you closed your eyes, you imbued all your energy into your spear. "I had enough." you determinedly uttered. You opened your eyes and it became crimson red surrounding an azure border. You slowly approach the beast.