Part 1

My life was already a shit storm, even before the dead began walking. I was in Atlanta when shit hit the fan. The zombies just got up on me this time. When everything began I learned you have to go for the head and kill the brain. I was with a small group for a while, good people. They didn't make it.

I was walking the streets in Atlanta, trying to find somewhere with food when I heard the groans. It was a large herd by the sound of it. I was fully prepared to high tail it out of that part of the city when I heard a horse galloping straight towards me, and the herd. By the time the man on the horse reached me, it was too late. The herd noticed him along with me, I quickly made note of all my surroundings before pulling the man off of the horse, which was now being absolutely devoured, and I drug him down to the ground and unlatched the bottom hatch pulling us into a tank, the military had left it some time ago. I latched the hatch and sat in there breathing heavily with this idiot of a man, thinking that I was gonna die in here with him. By the looks of him he was in really bad shape.

I looked him over thoroughly and noticed the zombie that was growing more and more aware of the meal sitting right next to him. I saw the man reach for his handgun and go to pull the trigger, I knew how loud that shot would be in here, and I couldn't take that chance. I quickly pulled a knife from my belt and flung it at the zombie, hitting it dead center of the skull, killing it instantly.

"Thanks..." He stated wearily still panting heavily.

"You're a dumbass. Why the hell did you ride a horse into the city? Do you know how loud those things are, it's no wonder you attracted every zombie in the city. You-" I paused mid-rant. He was a good person, I could see it. Yelling at him wasn't gonna do me any good in here. "I'm sorry," I started again slowly. "Getting mad at you isn't gonna fix anything. Listen, there's an ally 50 yards off the right side of the tank... maybe we can make it."

"Who are you?" He asked clearly new to this world.

"Y/n. Y/n Wilson."

"My name's Rick Grimes, I swear to you when we get outta this. You can yell at me all you want. Pretty sure you earned that much by saving me." 

I gave a small smile in response when we heard a voice coming through the radio, "Hey, you.... Dumbasses. Hey, you in the tank. Cozy in there?" I heard him say. After a moment of silence, the man spoke again, "Hey are you two alive in there?"

"Hello? Hello?" Rick asked desperately into the microphone.

"There you are. You had me wondering." He responded, a smirk clear in his voice.

"Where are you? Outside?"

"Can you see us right now?" I asked taking the intercom from Rick who seemed to be growing more delirious.

"Yeah, I can see you. You're surrounded by walkers. That's the bad news." He responded flatly.

"There's good news??" Rick asked hopefully.

"No."

"Listen, whoever you are, I don't mind telling you I'm a little concerned in here." I said with sarcasm.

"Oh, man. You should see it from over here. You'd be having a major freak-out."

"Got any advice for me?" Rick asked with hope in his voice.

"Yeah, I'd say make a run for it."

"Alley 50 yards up?" I asked.

"You're observant. Listen, you've got eyes on the outside here. There's one geek still up on the tank but the others have climbed down and joined the feeding frenzy where the horse went down. With me so far??"