Chapter 20

The next day.

Ishaan was in his office in middle of his work.
His best friend Aarav knocked on his door to enter.

"Come, in." Ishaan said raising his eyes from the laptop screen.

"Dude, what was in that newspaper last day?" Aarav took a seat.

"I messed up." Ishaan sighed.

"What do you mean?"

"I got drunk the other day and you remember Ananya right? She was in that India's top model show." Ishaan said.

"Mmhm." Aarav nodded.

"Yea so I was in the club, trying to forget my wife. And then Ananya was there. I thought to myself maybe if I go back to my old bachelor life I would be able to stop thinking about Naina. But..." Ishaan hid his face in his palm in embrassment.

"What?" Aarav leaned to hear the rest.

"Even when I was talking to the most gorgeous woman, I was thinking about Naina. All I could think about was coming home to her." Ishaan shut his eyes.

"Wow, so someone's in love." Aarav smirked.

"I got so drunk that Ananya had to help me get to the car. That's when some motherfucker took that picture and published it on the newspaper." Ishaan slammed his fist in fustration.

"So nothing happened between you guys?" Aarav asked.

"No. No. We only talked that's it. But I did kissed Naina". Ishaan bit his lips.

"Whaaat? I thought you hated her. You said you hate touching her and you're disgusted by her. What changed now?" Aarav was so much confused.

"I don't know...I really don't know. At first I hated her because I thought she was lying to me for getting money from me but then I realised she was doing all that for a poor kid from the orphanage. He was suffering from kidney failure and they had to do the surgery. She was handling all that by herself. I also heard from that orphanage caretaker that, Naina even gave up her scholarship money for his treatment. That's why she had to drop out. Maybe she have some goodness in her that I was failed to see at first."

"Wow. But what about that Ashok? That dude who claimed he saw Naina with her old boss having an affair?"

"Ashok isn't some reliable source. He could've lied about it to get some money from my brother. Also what if she had some affairs, I have slept m with almost all models in India. I'm not the one to judge her. " Ishaan shrugged his shoulder.

"When did you became this saint?  Also I really need to see her. I need to see the woman who made Ishaan Raizada swept off his feet." Aarav insisted.

"Yes, you can meet her. I'll bring her to our Pratvik's wedding." Ishaan said.

"Yes, finally." Aarav shook his friend's arm in excitement.

**********
Naina pov

After kissing Ishaan last day, I avoided Ishaan at all cost. I just couldn't wrap my head around on what happened. Did I really kissed him? 

What the hell was I thinking?

When he came back to bed last night, I acted like I already slept because I couldn't face him.

Ishaan is my first kiss. And I know I'm not Ishaan's.
But what he said last day, about how much he wanted me, was that all a lie?

He did acted all sweet to me before and broke me the next day. So I can't expect anything from him.

But that kiss was something else. I never really understood the butterfly feeling they used to say in novels, until I was kissing him.

It was like my stomach was filled with butterflies and my heart was going 100 km/hr.

I was already touching my lips reminiscing about that kiss for the whole day, today.

I wanted to look at Ishaan and ask him, if he meant all what he said.

But if I see regret in his eyes for kissing me, It would break me.

My wild thoughts came to an end when I heard Ishaan car coming in. Within  2  minute I heard his footsteps outside our bed room.

I was in the middle of organizing my clothes, so I stayed still there. If I made no move, he won't notice that I was here.

"Naina, I need to tell you something." I heard his gravelly voice

Oh god, what now?

I slowly turned around to face him. My cheeks were already crimson red.

"My friend Pratvik is getting married and I want you to come with me."

I gasped.

Really? Going to wedding with me?

Isn't he was the same person who said he was embrassed by seeing with me. What changed now?

"Mmhm." I nodded.

"Okay."

Ishaan started taking off his suit and I stole a peek.

"Ishaan.." I touched his arm.

He was unbuttoning his shirt but turned to me when he felt my touch.

" Yea." He nodded for me to continue.

"What did Shivaay bhaiyya said when he called you yesterday?" I asked.

"Mostly scolding. He was angry with me for roaming around with other ladies. And he was also concerned if you were upset." Ishaan said and continued his unbottoning.

"I'm upset." I said looking at him. He was so much taller than me, so I had to tilt my face a little bit high to face him

"I know. But trust me nothing happened."  Ishaan said in a reassuring tone.

Even though I wasn't completely satisfied with his words, I nodded in return. And went to make a chai for him.

"Naina, do you know any Ashok?" Ishaan's question turned me around again.

"Huh?"

"Was there any Ashok working at your old work place?" Ishaan knitted his eyebrows together.

"Yes. I guess. I think he was a night time security there." I said vaguely remembering him.

"What was your job there?" Ishaan asked again.

"I was working as an Intern there."

"Okay."  Ishaan nodded. And went to kitchen to make my husband a sweet chai.