Ch. 10: Newlyweds

Ayaara's P.O.V.

"Love," Faris whispered, his fingertips softly trailing on my open back, "Wake up."

I nuzzled my face into his neck, draping an arm over his chest with my eyes closed.

"Baby," he ran his fingers through the loose curls in my hair.

"Mmh," I grumbled.

He kissed my head, "It's already 10."

My eyes shot open, "What?!"

I felt the blanket slipping away from my bare body as I began sitting up. My henna-stained hand flew to my chest, pressing the comforter to my upper body just as Faris pulled me on top of him.

"Good morning, love," he admired my face.

"Good morning," I spoke shyly, recalling the events of last night.

"My wife's even more beautiful in the morning. Seeing you as soon as I wake up, my days will be blessed," he brushed a few strands of my hair behind my ear.

My cheeks grew warm.

He lifted his head, skimming his nose up my cheek before pressing his lips to it, "I love you."

"I love you too."

Moving back, his mouth found mine, giving me sweet sloppy kisses.

I eventually pulled back causing him to scrunch his eyebrows together jestingly, "We have to get ready! Our families will be there before us. It'll look bad."

His head fell back on the pillow as he groaned.

I got off and sat next to him, remaining entangled in the blanket, "Come on, Far. After you do ghusl, I will. We're getting late, babe."

He sighed before getting up, "As the missus wishes."

I averted my gaze as he slid his boxers on.

He turned around to look at me as he offered, "You can brush your teeth after I get into the shower, love. We'd save more time. Or actually," his eyes traveled from my face down to the blanket covering me, a smirk forming on his lips, "we could shower toge-"

"Faris, gooo!' I held the comforter tighter around myself with one hand as my other arm reached forward and pushed him softly in the direction of the bathroom.

He leaned down and pecked my jaw, "You're so cute, love. There's nothing to be shy about."

"Faris!" the blush deepened on my cheeks.

I still needed some time to get used to it.

"I'm going I'm going," he chuckled, grabbing his towel and fresh clothes from our closet before entering the bathroom.

Our nikkah and walima were yesterday!

The last four months flew by in the blink of an eye. After landing in New York to take care of Dadijaan, I lived with Abba and Javed Bhai at our house, but went over to Dadi's for most of the day. Faris gave me a surprise visit a week later on my birthday. That was the last I had seen him in person until he and his family flew out five days ago for our wedding ceremonies, meaning the haldi and mehendi.

Since they had come earlier than the events, Faris and I had time to unpack our things at our three-bedroom and three-bathroom apartment. Once Dadijaan started recovering, we were able to pick all the furniture and decorations despite being long-distance, so our home was ready when we officially moved in together yesterday.

Our wedding festivities were full of joy, fun, and love! Our families were already close, but it gave a chance for our extended relatives to bond—many of Faris's relatives flew out from London and even Bangladesh. Sherry and all of my family, including Zahid Bhai and Mehwish Bhabi along with other distant relatives, were here too.