Ch. 23: Fears

Author's note

I hope you guys are finding TMAHS interesting so far. Thank you to my readers for giving it a chance, voting, and commenting! It really means a lot and brightens my day. I also want to apologize in advance for any mistakes in the Urdu dialogues. Urdu isn't my native language, but it's one I am very fond of. Thanks for understanding. ♥❣

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

🎶"Jadd main kise hor di ho chukki, jadd main mera sab kuch kho chukki, ae ki le aaya e meri zindagi de vich tu? Ya ta tu pehla e aa jaanda ya ta fir aunda hi nahin. Kis morh te aaya e meri zindagi de vich tu?"

"When I've been someone else's, when I've lost everything, what is this that you have brought to my life? Either you should have come before or you shouldn't have come at all. At what point in my life have you come?"🎶

- Kis Morh Te | Jaani | Jyoti Nooran & B Praak

Ayaara's P.O.V.

"Ayaara?" Sherry stepped out of her room with an empty glass in hand, blinking the sleep away from her eyes.

She walked over to the kitchen, her eyes bulging at the sight before glancing at the clock then at me, "It's 4:57 AM. Have you been baking since we got home from Yasir's house? Did you even go to sleep?!"

I continued whisking some custard in a bowl, my mind jumping from one thought to another.

"Ayaara!"

"Huh?" I jumped at her voice.

Her eyes glazed over all the confectionary sitting atop the counters and dining table, "Cookies, brownies, cake, churros, and donu-what are you still mixing?!"

"The filling for the donuts," I said in a small voice.

"Babe! Who is all of this for?!"

I looked at all that I made, "No one. I didn't make that mu-"

Oh.

There was enough to feed over 50 people.

She gripped my arms, searching my eyes, "Are you okay?"

"I have to finish these donuts," I grabbed a piping bag and poured the custard into it while Sherry watched me like hawk.

She shook her head slowly before she began pacing in the living room.

I squeezed the filling into the donuts distractedly until Sherry sighed loudly, dragging her hands down her face.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I'm panicking!" she threw her hands up in the air before she continued pacing.

"Why?"

"What do you mean why?! I have to call my flatmate's dad and let him know his only daughter has gone loony! Do you think it's easy delivering such news?!"

"Sherry..."

"Huh? Do you?! I wake up to grab a glass of water and I find Betty Crocker in the kitchen!"

She took the donut and piping bag from my hands then brought me to the sofa.

"Ayaara. Hun. What's wrong?" she looked into my eyes, her mouth slightly open and eyebrows raised, waiting for a response.

I took a deep shaky breath before taking her name, "Sherry."

She nodded impatiently, urging me to continue.

I forced a smile to my lips and shook my head, "Nothing. Goodnight."

"Babe."

"You came to get water, right? Where did you put your glass? Oh, it's right there," I got up and filled it up before bringing it to her.