Ch. 26: Negotiations

Ayaara's P.O.V.

Sherry held my ring up to her face, inspecting it closely with one eye, while I paced around the living room after a late lunch the next day. I was trying to come up with how I would bring everything up to Abba.

"I wonder how much the chap spent on this rock," Sherry thought aloud, "It's gleaming. It's like it doesn't even need light to sparkle!"

Yasir had gotten her and her other friend a complimentary dinner reservation elsewhere last night. After I got home, I thanked her profusely for helping him with the surprise.

"Babe, just call your dad already and tell him you want to get married. The longer you prolong it, the longer you're going to stay stressed."

"I'm not stressed," I sat down next to her on the sofa, "It's just...you do realize Yasir is older than my eldest brother, right? And Zahid Bhai is 6 years older than me while Yasir is 9? It doesn't feel strange or anything with Yasir, it's not a factor for me, but I think it might make Abba a bit more reluctant. After seeing how I'd become after the divorce, I'm sure he will be hesitant about me getting married again in general."

"Are you?"

"Am I what?"

"Hesitant about getting married again."

A smile formed on my lips as an image of Yasir appeared in my mind, "No."

I wanted to do anything and everything with him.

"I'm so happy for you, hun. You have no idea." Sherry grinned sincerely before giving me a squeeze and my ring back.

"Thank you," I slid it on, "Speaking of Yasir, we've haven't really spoken today. He sent me a text an hour ago saying he had an important meeting and that he would call me later," I pouted.

Before Sherry could say anything, my phone rang.

"Abba!" I read the caller ID with panic.

"Tell him now!" She urged.

I took a deep breath and accepted the call, "Assalamwalaikum, Abba. How are you?"

"Walaikumsalam, Ayaara jaan. Alhamdulillah... Beta, I just..." uncertainty oozed from his voice, "had a meeting with Yasir Amir. He asked me for your hand."

My eyes grew large.

"What?" Sherry mouthed.

"H-he did? Yasir's in New York?!" I choked out.

Sherry's jaw dropped before she mouthed to put it on speaker, so I did.

"Yes. He was just in my office a few minutes ago."

"Oh. Uh, what did he say, Abba?"

"He asked for my permission to marry you. He told me he is in love with you and will take great care of you."

Yasir is mad. I was impressed but also astounded. He literally wasted no time.

"A-and what did you say?"

"I said I want to talk to you about it first, jaan."

"Oh." I bit my lower lip nervously.

"I was really surprised, beta, when I found out he scheduled an urgent non-work-related meeting with me."

"Oh, so you knew of him from before?"

He chuckled, "Who doesn't know him, beta? He's the most successful Pakistani investor of his age. Zahid told me he wanted to invest in our company a few years back, but we refused to keep the stakeholders remain only family—you, Zahid, Javed, Mahira, Sahir, your Dada Ji, and I."