Part- 74

~~••~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~••~~

The soft breeze kept gusting on her throughout the curtains in a goal
to calm her disrupted mind. The  soothingness of serenity filled her heart with  brushing of the Mayura feathers which she gathered up at the side of the swing.  Subhadra closed her eyes in relief but the sudden movement of the swing made her startled up.

She looked up to find Arjun, who was glancing at her with his ever beautiful smile while holding the hangers of the swing.
" Keeping quiet at this situation cannot provide any answers to your thoughts Subhadra! I know you are hurted by Dushala's words. But there's something she's trying to hide which made her behave so!", He whispered in a lost stated mind.

"But why Arya? Why would she do so? Infact she have never hided anything from me", the bleakness in her voice was clear.
" Hm...I can understand your emotions Su ! But things may get change sometimes , it's the reality. Even you hided some matters away from me  as you were having a valid reason for it. You wished my well being! Maybe Dushala too have a reason ", Arjun  stopped swinging and sat next  to her.

" You are right Arya! I know Dushu from childhood and I have never seen her behave like that before. There's something bothering her. I have to find the cause !", Subhadra stood up sprightly in a hurry to meet Dushala.

Arjun smiled at her eagerness but somewhere in the corner of his heart  frailed in the thought of leaving her alone. " What if something opposite happens? It will only hurt her more.", Arjun stood up without wasting a time and joined with Subhadra to meet Dushala.

While heading towards Dushala's chamber they saw Suratha sitting on the floor busy playing with his toy.
" Look at his cute little face Arya! He exactly resembles our Dushu", Subhadra said with an affectionate smile and went near him.

"Suratha !", she called out with motherly affection but for her shock he glared at her irately.
" I don't want to talk to you! You made my Mata angry today", complained the young boy turning away from her.

" Son! Don't talk to your mother like that", Arjun said softly placing his hand over his shoulder.
" No she's not my mother! Pitashree and mamashree has told me that you all are our enemies. So stay away from me !", He said removing Arjun's hand aghastly from his shoulder. Arjun and Subhadra looked at him sighly while a voice interrupted,
"Suratha!", Dushala shouted.

" This is how you behave to your elders? What did I taught you?", She scolded him and told him to apologise but instead he ran away from there sobbing.

" I'm sorry for his behaviour, bratha Arjun !", Dushala whispered disappointedly looking down and took a quick glance at Subhadra before leaving.

Arjun glanced at Subhadra signalling her to talk. Subhadra nodded and was about to call Dushala, while a maid interrupted them.
" Pranipat prince ! Maharaj yudhishthir wants you to be in the Raj sabha as Angraj Karn  arrived !".
Arjun nodded and told Subhadra to return back to her chamber . " We will meet her when I get back ", he said and left for the Raj sabha.

Subhadra waited Arjun for a couple of while, as the time passed her impatience began to grow up. " It would be the perfect time as everybody is in the Raj sabha. So I can literally have a peaceful talk with Dushu without any interruptions !", She thought and finally decided to go off.

Subhadra heard some whisperings from inside as she reached near Dushala's chamber. The voices was so familiar for her, one was of her Dushala but the other made her confuse. " I heard this voice before !", she thought and peeped in see the owner of the voice.

Her face overjoyed with emotions as she noticed the girl who was with Dushala.
" Vrushali jiji !", Subhadra mumbled with delight . It's been years, the moments she had spended with Vrushali was almost unforgettable for her. What if that was the first and the last time they met, her heart was always filled with love and gratitude for her saviour.

" Princess! I know there's only a few  months of closeness between us but I couldn't stop myself from asking you this. I heard from Arya  little a while that you insulted your sakhi before everyone.  Whenever we used to meet, you always keep on talking about her and your love for her was so clear. Then why?", Vrushali asked Dushala interrupting subhadra's thoughts.

" What can I do then when all your loved ones become the enemies of eachother? Whom should I stand with? I was so delighted to meet my sakhi after so long years but everything got shattered in a few seconds. I never dreamt of hurting her but I have to ! I just only wanted to save her from the foul plays that was being planned by my own family !",  Dushala cried out breakingly covering her face on Vrushali's lap. Subhadra's eyes moistened as she heard those words out from Dushala.

" You could have disclosed the reason to your sakhi and your brathas?", Vrushali asked caressing her hair.

" How could I ? I don't want to witness my Arya, bhratashree and mamashree getting mocked up by everyone. I know they are the only people whose rejoicing for what I had done today. The dream of uniting them seems so impossible now but so I wished to see everyone's wellfare",  Dushala said hugging Vrushali tightly.

Subhadra went from there quickly as she's wasn't in a condition to handle her emotions.
She wanted to hug Dushala tightly in her arms but she doesn't wanted Dushala to be embarrassed before her because of her brathas deeds. " Let it be Dushu ! Today you proved the true meaning of the friendship.  Now insult me as much as you can, my heart will be always cherished by your this words. You are indeed a blessing. And I promise that I won't ever disclose this incident to anyone not even to Arya Arjun !", She inhaled deeply with relief.

Subhadra entered the chamber happily and saw Arjun who was standing at the balcony gazing  the sky. She went towards him slowly  taking small steps. A smile curved on his lips as he sensed her presence but pretended to be normal.
" Arya..!", she screamed near his ears, back hugging him. Arjun chuckled at her tactics and pulled her into his embrace.  He wanted to ask the reason behind her sudden happiness but the beautiful angelic smile that appeared on her face melted him down.

___________________________________
And finally reached 100k+ reads!!!
Thanks to each and everyone for supporting me ❤️❤️❤️
____________________________________

Vote and comment.