47-Something Strong

ASHTON'S POV: 1 HOUR EARLIER

Ambra Dalton was Kai's older sister. She is in her sophomore year of college. She came home to visit because she has a doctors appointment here and needed to be at it.

Nonetheless, Kai decided to tell her all about my fucking love life. Or more like nonexistent love life.

Well technically it's not nonexistent yet it's just been burnt down and crashed into the earth at a thousand miles per hour.

She is convinced I just need a night out so she joins me and Kai to go to this random club.

I've become the designated driver, which makes no sense since this was supposed to be a night for me but that's how it usually works with the Daltons.

Ambra takes a shot of tequila.

Kai sees a girl and walks over to her to make a move.

I sit down at the bar and before long Ambra slides into the seat next to me, pretty drunk. She's giggling and grabs onto my hand to steady herself.

"I met these three girls who are the nicest and coolest people!" She exclaims. "You should go flirt with one of themmmm, you do still need to get over your ex!"

She seems so happy for having come up with this idea, nudging my arm and pointing to them.

I finally turn to look at them and my heart stops.

I'm staring into Livia's beautiful blue eyes. She looks absolutely breathtaking. The red dress hugging her in all the right places, her hair now a dark color, black where it used to be blonde.

I'm still staring into her eyes, seeing all the emotions rush through her. First it's pure shock, then anger, and then sadness. I see her heart break through her blue eyes. One tear falls from her eye, and then she struts over to me.

Well more like to the bar.

"Three shots." She says to the bartender.

"Of what?" They reply.

"Something strong." She says, not bothering to look at me even though she's inches away from me.

The bartender slides three shots over to her and she downs all three. Oh shit. I thought she was going to give them to K and Leila but I guess that's not how this is going.

"Liv—" my voice cracks.

"Hey Livia! This is Ashton by the way!" Ambra comes over and tells her.

"Yeah. I know." She isn't looking in my eyes.

"She's—my ex." Choking those words out was close to impossible but I guess I did it.

"Ohhh. The one you're in—" I cut off Ambra by shoving my hand over her mouth. I'm still staring at Livia like I have been this entire time.

"You dyed your hair." I say, unable to hold it back. Her head snaps up to face mine, she runs her fingers through her hair before coming to her senses.

"Fuck off." Before walking off, hips swaying.

"I've really fucked things up now haven't I?" I mumble.

"Yep." Ambra says, booping my nose and skipping away.
~~~~
A/N: sorry for the short chapter but the next one will be extra long so that makes up for it :)

Also I don't know how often I'll be doing Ashton povs but this one was necessary.

kisses 💋
x