Chapter 28 || Happy New Year, Hollywood

𝐑 𝐎 𝐌 𝐀 𝐍' 𝐒   𝐏 𝐎 𝐕

"Don't make me drag you onto this ice, Hollywood."

Standing on the iced over pond at the back of the log cabin in my hockey skates, Lia stands opposite me on the grass in her boots. Bundled up in winter clothes like the rest of us.

The redness from the cold on her cheeks and tip of her nose makes it very hard to take her seriously as while she is trying to remain stubborn, her body betrays her. Her arms are crossed like a pouting child would do, and I roll my eyes at her before crossing my own arms to mock her.

"I have nothing to hold on to. You took me once and I only have to stand on the ice at youth hockey practice." She exasperates as she holds one finger up.

I smirk and hold out my hands. "If you want to hold my hand, just ask."

She scoffs and moves some hair out of her face. "Over my dead body."

"Get your skates on," I tell her, and she glares at me once more before moving to sit down and put on the skates reluctantly. "See, was that so hard?"

She flips me off, getting me to laugh. "If I fall and injure myself, I am so ready to tell you I told you so."

Waiting as she puts on the skates, once she does, she stands up and steadies herself before walking over to where the grass meets the ice. She bites her lip in contemplation before holding out her hands hesitantly and sighing.

Chuckling and shaking my head, I take her small hands in my larger ones before leading her onto the ice, as she wobbles a little. She slowly glides a foot forward at a time as I skate backwards so we can get into the center of the pond.

"I don't know what's more worrying. The fact she's on the ice or the fact she's holding Roman's hands," Isaiah says in disbelief, and Rosalie flips him off while her eyes focus on her feet, getting everyone to laugh.

"I'd rather not fall on my ass," Rosalie explains. "And if I have to hold on to him to do it, so be it."

"This is a pathetic attempt at skating," Miles comments and scoffs as Rosalie whips her head up to glare at him.

"Do I need to flip you off—"

She stumbles as her eyes are focused on Miles, and I steady her. She grips my hands tighter as her eyes widen before I tell her. "Careful. Would you stop distracting her?"

Miles holds his hands up in surrender before continuing to skate. I lead her around the ice to get her comfortable and eventually she manages to look up from her feet without stumbling. "See, I'm a natural."

I scoff. "A natural disaster. Ok, let's get you actually skating properly this time."

With that, I let go of her hands and a hesitant look flashes across her face. I stay close by as she skates forward while I skate backwards in case she falls, but soon enough we're moving faster. The others skate around the pond and the guys end up skating around her trying to distract Rosalie.

"I'm so sending this to your dad," Cara chuckles as skates to us and begins to take a video of Rosalie skating.

"You're both showing off," Hollywood grumbles, referring to the fact Cara and I can skate backwards.

"That's the thanks I get for teaching you to skate?" I question, raising my eyebrow, and she waves me off. Eventually, we all come to a stop together and Lia holds onto Cara to be safe.

"Who out of the three of you do you think is the fastest?" Octavia questions and I immediately point to myself as the guy's point to themselves, too. "Well, there's nothing wrong with your egos, is there?"