Chapter 2

Lunch finished and I didn't ask any more questions. However I was still confused as to what Normani said. What did she mean 'She's not normal'? Did she talk funny, was she super smart, or what? I decided to leave that thought as I entered my next class, only to find her there.

I could only recognize her by her lavish chestnut hair which fell silkily down her shoulders, as she rested her head on the table. I must've been staring too long because someone behind me cleared their throat so I could move.

"Shit, sorry." I apologized as I finally managed to keep my gaze away from the brunette. I walked to the teacher, we greeted just like with all the others and she assigned me a seat.

"Yo what's up mofos!" I heard someone yell. A tall, tanned girl walked in with her music blasting which happened to be Beyoncé.

"Hey what up Dinah!"

"Hey Dinah how's it going!"

"Hey hot stuff!" And more people greeted back this strange yet funny girl.

The teacher sighed but let out a small laugh. "You'll be sitting next to Dinah." I nodded and made my way over to the loud girl.

I stopped as I realized she sat right in front of Camila. She was talking to her as Camila still had her head down. I could tell by the movement of her shoulders that she was responding back. I walked up to them but not before being stopped by a another guy.

"Hey, what's up? I'm Max." He introduced himself with a smirk. He had jet black hair that was overly gelled and combed back. He had freckles and not to mention a very big nose.

"Uh hi." I said back with a bored tone and went to move around him. But he stopped me with his arm.

"Aye, where you going? You didn't tell me your name, sweet cheeks." I grimaced at his nickname for me.

"It's Lauren now move." I didn't have patience with this shit anymore.

"Come on-"

"Max get yo Pinocchio ass out of here." I heard someone say behind him, both him and I turned to see Dinah up and ready to knock a bitch out. More like Max.

"Damn alright." He muttered and went back to his seat. Which was only a few desks away sadly. The final bell rang and I sighed as I went to sit next to the girl.

"Thanks." I mumbled to her as the teacher started her lecture.

"Yea no problem, he gets on everyone nerves." She answered as she patted my back. "Isn't that right mila?" She turned back to her, who still had her head down. She only nodded. I kept staring at her, wanting to see her face desperately.

"Girls." The teacher called out to us to stop our conversation. Dinah looked up to the teacher then turned over to Max who was also talking to his friends.

"Yo Pinocchio," Dinah called out causing Max and his friends to turn to her. "The teachers calling ya." The whole class roared with laughter as I snorted. The teacher glared at Dinah who looked at her innocently. "Oh you were talking to us? My bad."

I couldn't hold it in as I as well started laughing. I felt someone's eyes on me so I looked around only to find that it belonged to a pair of light chocolate eyes. I felt like everything kinda froze. But it didn't last long as she quickly avoided my gaze and put her head back down.

"Oh don't mind mila back there," Dinah patted my back just as the teacher finally got everyone under control. I nodded and let it go.

Me and Dinah made small talk here and there but we actually became real good friends in that small amount of time. I understood what Normani and Ally said about Dinah being really cool and laid back. No wonder Camila has her as her only friend. I would too.