Chapter 1: The Beginning

On a chilly but sunny Saturday morning in March 2018, Brendan opens his eyes to the sound of a baby crying and sunshine pouring into the two small bedroom windows on the end wall of his family's single wide. About that time, Kelsey quietly but quickly gets out of the bottom bunk of their bunk bed, and walks over to the combo crib/playpen and lifts Jason up. She then carries him into the living room where she can care for him further without Brendan being awakened by his crying as she didn't realize he was already awakened before she came in. He glances over at his Sony Dream Machine alarm clock radio, which displays "9:14 AM" with its green numbers. He then walks down the dim hallway through the living room into the kitchen, where he makes him a bowl of Crunch Berries to bring into the living room and eat on a portable fold out table while Kelsey tunes through the digital TV channels to find something to occupy Jason while she takes a shower. After tuning the TV to Qubo, greeting Brendan and walking down the hallway to take her shower, he finally has time to eat and think about things with not too much noise besides the TV playing an ad for a Lego set and Jason's bouncer seat lightly squeaking as he rocks his head back and forth in it. "Why do I hate my life so much!?" thought Brendan. Then it dawned on him- he has been bullied at school for years, left out of activities both in school and by a family member, and for some reason isn't happy with his appearance and name however doesn't know why. Then an ad for a dollhouse comes on the TV. All of the bright colors, the cute little girls around it in poofy dresses giggling and laughing as they play with their dolls, is consumed by Brendan as he stares into the TV in an almost dissociative state. Then he is snapped out of it as the ad is suddenly replaced with a Nerf gun ad which features a commentator with the voice of a drill sergeant going on about its features. "Why am I so interested with the girl toy ads instead of ads for toys that boys play with? I'm a 12 year old boy. I should be interested in this stuff like the other boys my age instead of a dollhouse for 6 years old little girls. What is wrong with me!?", he thinks. About that time, a foul stench starts to fill the living room. "Eww, Jason must of used his diaper again!" he says. He then continues to finish his cereal and put the bowl and table away as Kelsey comes back into the living room with her hair wrapped in a towel from her shower. "How was Jason?" she asks Brendan. "Good but stinky", he says. "I see that; Jay-bear you's a stinkers aren't you!?" she coos as she lifts him out of the chair and sets him down onto his changing pad. "Grab me a diaper and some wipes, could you?" " Of course", Brendan says as he grabs the pack of wipes and removes a Parent's Choice diaper out of the box that sat in front of their unused and plastic-sealed up fireplace. He hands the supplies to Kelsey which starts the changing process, and he walks back to their room where he boots up his PS4 and starts driving around on Grand Theft Auto 5 which he does for most of the day. The weekend went on and quickly came to an end.