Chapter 6 - The Birth Mark

Nandini's POV

I look around only to see darkness. Where am I? In the middle of silence I can only hear hissing sounds. I craned my neck to see the source but the darkness consumed my sight and apart from the sound I can't hear anything.

"Mom....dad.....Devak...." I shouted their name but the silence was the only thing that hit me back.

Where are they? Was not I with them in the party then how come I ended up in this darkness. Where exactly I am? I forced my body to move but it seems like a barrier that forcing me down. What kind of force is this? So strong that I never sensed before.

My mind become mess and I felt a headache forming on my forehead. Where am I? I questioned myself. The darkness not letting me see anything. Even if my eyes are wide opened but all I see was black. It feels like I have fallen in the hell of darkness and there's no way for me to get up. I need to find them, I need to find my family.

"Mom...." I shouted again. I never want to lose them. I have suffered almost all my grown up years but now just thinking of parting made me shivers. "Dad.....where are you? Devak, Tanea can you hear me? Where are you all? Please help me"

My voice suddenly chocked as it faded through the darkness. The hissing sound increased but I don't know what is it. Only if i was able to find some souce of light I can get out of this place. Yes light, that what I needed.

I need light. My head started to warm up and then the warmness spread over my whole body. What's happening? It felt like I am glowing... Then... suddenly the flap sound ring in my ear. A ray of light fell before me then it started to spread widely in lightning speed. My eyes focused on the light then my eyes roamed above. My heart stopped beating and a shiver ran down my back. Is that....

The large red orange wings spread widely in the air as it's majestic body shining with light. I really can't believe my eyes. Is it real? I was about to get up when its wings flapped and the light around its body blinded my eyes.

"Nandini"

"Nandini wake up sweetheart"

I opened my eyes and in blurry vision I saw my mother's familiar face looking at me.

"Mom" I called out anxiously.

"I am here sweetheart" she caressed my head.

"Are you fine?" I nodded my head. I can feel sweats on my forehead. So all of it was a dream? But that bird look so real.

"Where am I?" I asked.

"In your room. We are so worried when we couldn't find you inside the party room. When we found you in the end you were sleeping outside in the garden area"

I frowned "when you are back? I mean is the party finished?"

Mom chucked "party? Dear it has already two days passed of that matter"

What? Two days passed? That means.... I looked at her with wide eyes. She chuckled again and about to say when the room door opened and Tanea's figure showed up.

"Hey, you woke up" she flashed a warming smile. She was holding a food tray and placed it on my side table "it's good that you finally decided to wake up or your that overreacting brother of yours would have beat the pack doctors for sure" saying this she laughed.

I couldn't help but smiled. Devak was always serious and possessive about me and Tanea. I rolled my eyes. When he is able to change his over possessive acts?

"That man!" Mom sighed "let him be. It's looks like he couldn't digest his meal if he don't beat anyone per day"

We all laughed again. Even in small matter Devak always caused huge fuss. No matter how we try to console he wouldn't listen until he is satisfied with his inquiry.