3

A/N : istg I'm so sorry for the short chapter, I'll make up for it in the next one. I've been so busy lately aaaargh. I hope you could still enjoy this chapter.

--------------------------------------------

"Levi.."

His name rolled out from (Y/n)'s tongue so perfectly as if she's made to say his name. She sounded too good to be heard, unlike the voice of a certain noble woman who betrayed him to death. Her eyes travelled to the ground while murmuring the groom's name a few more times, testing it. Levi held back his urge to smile, he then handed her a small box wrapped in ribbons, "It's my wedding present for you brat."

"Oh, thank you." (Y/n) accepted the box and she carefully opened the lid. The lady frowned a little when she only found a few scattered bones inside the box, which is quite weird for a 'wedding present'. She turned to Levi, "But I didn't get you anyth-"

The box started to shake uncontrollably in her hold and (Y/n) dropped it to the ground out of fear, "What the hell did you put in there?"

"Just wait."

(Y/n) waited eagerly. The fallen box spilled its content. Femur bone, tailbone, a skull, ribs, mandible, and the list goes on. There's a small red collar too. She gasped in surprise when the bones moved by themselves and formed a familiar four legged animal. And it barked at her in a cheerful manner. A set of bones just barked at her.. The dog skeleton wiggled its tail happily and ran in small circles before approaching the bride with a red collar in its mouth. (Y/n) examined it.

She couldn't believe her own eyes after reading what's written on the collar.

"Sawney?"

The dog barked again, this time it jumped into (Y/n)'s lap, "Sawney!" A wide grin appeared on (Y/n)'s face for she just reunited with an old friend of hers, "Levi, how did you find him?" She turned to Levi while scratching Sawney's skull affectionately, which felt a bit weird because there's no fur on it.

"That'll remain a secret. I knew you'd be happy to see that fleabag again."

"Hey! Sawney is not a fleabag! I used to keep him clean all the time." (Y/n) shot him a look of disagreement. She could see Levi's eyes gleam at the word 'clean'. 

"I see you're good at cleaning, what a good wife material you are.." Levi murmured.

She stopped scratching her dead dog, "Did you say something?"

"Tch, of course not. Better clean your ears later brat," the groom scoffed. Levi then proceeds to watch his wife playing with Sawney, her dog. If only Levi still had a beating heart, it would surely throb at the sight of (Y/n) showing her love for another creature, even if it's dead. Levi wondered if he could ever build a family with (Y/n) like living people do.

"Aww who's the good boy? You are!!"

With a swishing tail, Sawney yipped again. "Sit, Sawney. Sit." The adorable skeleton dog then obeyed happily. "Now roll over! Good boy!" (Y/n) laughs in amazement. Even in the land of the dead, she managed to find something that could bring a smile to her face aside from all the scary shits she just encountered. "Play dead! Come on boy!"

As if understanding (Y/n)'s words, Sawney tilted its head and let out a confused whine.

Right.. it's already dead.

"Um, sorry about that," She mumbled sheepishly.

Sawney jumped straight into Levi's lap with a happy bark. The raven haired corpse almost pushed away the dead mammal, but then he managed to cope with the dog since it's just.. bones, "Not bad for a noisy four legged creature.." He scratches Sawney's spine.

"You should've seen him with fur, Levi." The happiness in (Y/n)'s eyes turned dim, "My mother never approved of Sawney jumping up like this. But then again, she never approved of anything."

"You think she would approve of me?" Levi asked.

She let out a dry chuckle, "You're lucky you'll never have to meet her."

'Meet my mother.. Meet.. THAT'S IT! Why didn't I think of this sooner? I can get out of here and escape this creepy groom!' A brilliant idea popped up inside the lady's head.

(Y/n) stood up from her seat and cleared her throat, "Well actually.. Now that you mentioned it, I think you should definitely meet her. And my father too. Since we're uh.. married. We should go and see them right now."

"That's fine by me. Just tell me where they are buried and then we can go."

She turned her head away from Levi, her shoulders slumped down a little. Of course, the groom noticed this, "What is it brat?"

"They're not from here."

"Tch, so where are your parents?"

(Y/n) pointed to the sky, or rather, ceiling. Levi quickly got the message, "I see, they're still alive. Well then, there's only one person who might know the solution."

"Who?"

"Pastor Nick."