0.7

0.7

one day rolled into two, then three, and so forth.

karla and gwendolyn still hadn't said anything to each other. it wasn't because they were ignoring each other, they were just busy.

a fight had broken out hours after gwendolyn and madeline hung out, and they were called in immediately.

while gwendolyn was swarmed with injured people, karla had been busy with paperwork and meetings attempting to see who started the fight and hurt her members so badly.

so until the storm calmed down, they wouldn't be seeing each other anytime soon.

bright and early the next morning, she pushed the door open into the infirmary, being blinded by the bright reflection of all the white in the room

bright and early the next morning, she pushed the door open into the infirmary, being blinded by the bright reflection of all the white in the room. "good morning!" gwen chirped.

people lying in their cots all turned towards the freckled girl, some smiling and saying good morning while others waved with their eyes closed.

"g'morning, gwen!" cheered madeline, wrapping bandages around a patient.

"morning, gwen," chimed mrs. andrews from the backroom.

gwendolyn placed the pot holding a yellow poinsettia under the window. "here, something to bring a bit of color in here, isn't it nice?" she said aloud. she'd always thought that there was too much white in this room— like an asylum.

"let's hope this one doesn't die like all the other ones," mrs. andrews nagged at madeline. "it's always a certain someone forgetting to take care of them. and i always tell you—"

madeline rolled her eyes. "it's just a plant, mom. the world goes on." she cut the excess bandages off the patient and shoved her airpods into her ear, ignoring her mom's words.

gwen sighed at mrs. andrew's sharp words. not a day went by without her criticizing her daughter for the smallest actions.

walking away from the quarreling mother and daughter, she went over to a bed, holding scarlett.