0.29

0.29

it had been a full week since karla had been attacked; and regardless of gwendolyn's words, somehow, karla kept on working

she'd take phone calls from the moment she woke up in their bed right into the depths of the night, and it deeply irked gwen.

whenever she brought up the issue of her not properly resting, the mafia boss explained: "but i haven't left the bed yet, my body's resting up just fine."

"i get that, but you've got other hands to help you work. remember what we talked about?"

"hmm, fine." she'd then pull gwendolyn onto the bed next to her, then kiss all her heartfelt worries away.

she loved karla, so much, yet she was starting to irritate her from her stubborn self.

"come on, miles! you gotta help me out here!" she complained to karla's brother.

"not much i can do." miles sneered, taking a sip of orange juice. that's just how she is: a workaholic and doesn't listen to anyone."

gwendolyn sighed. "i don't want her to work so hard, you know? especially since she's injured, she must have so much weight on her shoulders! do you think i could help—"

"calm down," miles flatly said. "seeing you so worried is sickening."

"does that mean you'll help me?" gwen claimed excitedly, clasping her hands together.

"eh, i don't know." he took a seat next to gwen on the stool. "what's in it for me?"

gwen stayed silent. "uh... your sister can properly rest after her injury? my extreme joy and appreciation for you?"

miles rolled his eyes, but a slight smile tugged at his lips. "fine. just for you though."

a smile beamed onto gwendolyn's face." ah, really? thank you so so much, miles! you're the absolute best!"

the freckled girl wrapped her arms around miles, enveloping as much of him as she could in a big hug.

"mhm. you're not too bad yourself, either."