Chapter Twenty-Three

For the love of God.

Adelaine's eyes widen and she pushes me away,the gun that was in my hand falling on the floor with a loud thud.

"Interesting sight I must admit"Khalin says while smirking.

"Indeed, reminds me of your mother and I in our younger days"Dad says and chuckles deeply before walking to the kitchen and opening the fridge, he's the chillest when it comes to awkward situations,he doesn't care as long as there's food and my mom around.

"Did I hear that correctly?"Prince asks with a look of shock on his face.

"What?".

"She's pregnant?!!".

I swallow hard and look at mom, she glares at me incensed,her posture stiff
and her foot tapping against the hardwood.

"Kingston Russo".

"Mom-".

She grabs a vase and throws it towards me, I push Adelaine out of the way and catch it with my hand.

"Are you insane? You could have hit her in the head".

Her face softens and she relaxes her shoulders, looking at Adelaine apologetically."Come here sweetheart".

Adelaine does a 360 before pointing at herself."Me?"Mom nods and stretches her arms out.

"Yes".

I give Adelaine a nod and she walks towards her hesitatingly.

My mom has a habit of hugging pregnant women,well all pregnant women she sees except Anastasia,she says their hugs are more warm and loving because they're soon to be mothers,how it's apparently healing and stuff,I'm pretty sure she made that up.

She wraps her arms around her firmly as Adelaine hugs her back with a stiff posture,after a few seconds she relaxes and melts into the hug.

She's way too stiff for someone that clearly craves physical touch.

"I'm blaming Kingston sweetheart, he's an irresponsible animal"I frown.

"Thank you mother,your words are always encouraging and heartwarming"I speak sarcastically and sit on the couch, Prince and Nasius taking a seat across me.

"Two kids,zero wives,one ex wife,you must be proud of yourself"Nasius teases.

"Zero girlfriends,zero money in the bank account,zero muscle, zero strength,zero intelligence,you must be proud of yourself"I spit back.

His smirk drops and he swallows, leaning back in embarrassment.

"When did you find out?"Dad asks from the kitchen and Adelaine answers.

"Almost a week ago".

"And you weren't planning on letting us know Kingston?".

"What was I supposed to say dad? We got carried away and she forget the birth control because she's a stressed out id-".

I hear my mom curse under her breath before I feel something hard hitting the back of my head,I rub the aching spot and turn around.

"A heel? You're upgrading".

"Don't act smart now young man,I hope you know you have to take responsibility and the pregnancy has to be a secret for awhile"I nod,still rubbing the back of my head.

"I'm aware,I remember dad telling me how messed up he felt when he missed your first pregnancy,I made her move in so I can be a part of that whole experience".

"Excuse me?! Made her?! You made her move in? As I she didn't want to and you forced her?"Khalin asks and I nod.

"You're a frickin unbelievable".