Bonus chapter +2

Alessandro De'luca

Alessandro De'luca

" Mmmm, how about Alya?" I pressed a kiss to her protruding stomach.

We found out that our first child together was a girl.

We were having a girl and I couldn't be more ecstatic.

Looking up from Ashanti's stomach, I saw her brows furrowed as she paid attention to whatever she was reading on her phone.'' Were you even listening to me?'' I asked, pressing a kiss to her exposed belly before rolling over to my side of the bed.

'' Sorry.'' She apologized as I pressed my chin against her shoulder, reading over the message with her. '' We don't have any plans this weekend right?'' She asked, thumbs hovering over her screen as I finished reading the message that her mother sent.

We were invited to a cookout– as in all of us.

As in– the whole family.

'' Is there going to be enough food?'' I questioned.

We both had big families. Ash had a ton of cousins, aunts, and uncles on her mother's side of the family. Some of them came to the wedding and some of them I had yet to meet.

'' Of course there's going to be enough food.'' Ash responds. '' Let's just ask everyone first before we make a decision.'' She turns towards me, eyes searching my face as I nod in agreement.

Everyone was coming over today to help decorate the nursery anyways. It would be the perfect time to see if they were willing to go spend time with Ash's family.

I was sure that this cookout had something to do with the fact that Ash was seven months pregnant and our families had barely seen each other since our wedding. The baby shower was fast approaching and I didn't want any awkward tension there for the sake of Ash. Our families needed to bond and get to know each other better.

" That sounds like a perfect idea." A smile spread on her lips as she sighed, rubbing small circles over her belly.

" Alya sounds cute but maybe if we have another girl,'' she says, staring at the wall ahead of us. "How about Venus?" She turned her head towards me as I repeated the name. " I've always loved the name Venus."

Ashanti already has her middle name picked out.

She wouldn't budge or give me it so I was left in the dark regarding what would flow perfectly with our daughter's name.

Although she did ask me why I didn't want her first name to be Valentina. I responded with wanting to name our future son Valentin— because we would be having a son together.

No matter how many tries it took. We could afford the kids.

" Venus." I tasted it on the tip of my tongue, liking the sound of it. " Venus De'Luca." It flowed so nicely together.