ESAI/LILIAN

Annalise Villa and her life partner-Beaumont Rosewood Jr enjoy life with
their recently-born son Esai. Rosie's parents and sister in law along with Villa's
mom and brother band together to SHOWER the little one with all of their love.

/////

Pippy and TMI have a daughter, Lilian conceived via IVF.

Her baby now has a baby of her own. As children, Daisie would imagine Annalise and her brother Marcos in high school, university; as doctors, or lawyers or business people...and as PARENTS. Having married young Daisie's a young Abuela (not yet 50 years of age) and the best part of all is that Annalise and Rosie have at least one more child planned...little do they know of HER PLAN to cajole them into at least two more...Esai Beaumont Rosewood-Villa stirs, frowns, passes gas, and utters a plaintive "Huuu-ahh-huuu!".

" Ayyyi-yii, Mi Rey"she soothes, mounting the stairs of the Rosewood residence. At the end of the hall, she knocks twice before entering; her daughter is sleeping off the ordeal of a 16-hour delivery and doesn't as much as stir. "Anni." She prodded the sleeping woman gently a few times until she lifts her head groggily from her pillow.

"Rosie? ¿em> Ha pasado algo ?" (Has something happened?)

" Soy YO, Niña; tu nene quiere comer ." (It's ME, BabyYour baby wants to eat).

Asking for a few minutes to wash her face and pee, Villa carefully moves into the master bath. She returns shortly and seats herself in a rocking chair to feed her son.

"Go ahead and rest, Mami. Rosie should be here in a few hours and I should start his dinner."

Instantly her mother says " NoNoNONO: preparo la cena YO-descanso ." (I'll cook dinner; you rest.)

"MA"-

"I told you-feed mi Nieto , sleep-THEN I have rest. ¡ He dicho !" (Nieto=Grandson/He dicho-Yes I said it)

Daisie did some tidying up, then viewed a telenovela before preparing the evening meal. Rosie shows up half an hour before serving time, spending that interval with his little family upstairs. At the table, Esai sleeps peacefully in his bassinet, and his parents and grandmother feast on chicken guisada, brown rice, flour tortillas, and flan.

" Que cena tan rica; verdad Rosie ?" (This dinner is great, isn't it)

" Excelente ," her man agreed. "By the way: my parents are coming in the morning to see the baby. Is that fine?"

"Of course," Annalise assures him. "Marcos can't make it until the weekend. I'll be better by then and we can have everyone over: Cap, JooJoo-all of them."

"Here for that," said Rosie."

"And I," chimes in Daisie.

/////

Ten short years ago the concept of TWO WOMEN or TWO MEN as parents was an unlikely if not impossible concept. When they said
their vows Tara Milly Izikoff and Phillipa Donna Rosewood make peace with that particular reality, content that Annalise's and Rosie's
would be enough. Against all expectations the political and public 'winds' change-more like a TSUNAMI, and the political and financial
muscle now wielded by the LGBTQ+ forces legislative and policy roll-backs and the Draconian times when only one parent in a same-sex union could be parents of children. And via IVF TMI carries a healthy baby girl to term, first attempt.

TMI's parents, so against their daughter's marriage (to a woman and a WOMAN OF COLOUR) have a change of heart when Lilian Donna Rosewood-Izikoff makes her entrance into the world. Pippy is much more forgiving than their daughter, who prefers that neither of them have contact with Lili. Daily apologies wear her down over time 'We are SO SO SORRY for how we've treated you and your wife, Tara. Please don't hold our ignorance and close-mindedness against us; even though we in no way deserve it may we PLEASE visit?", they beg. Pippy's heart is touched and she can't deny them. her gentle, persistent pressure wins the day.

Pippy's own parents are overjoyed with both new arrivals and are allowed to begin bonding with the Little Ones from the day that they are born. They graciously remain neutral on the matter of the Izikoffs (offended by their prior attitudes though sympathetic to their plight as Grandparents who are banned from their Grandchild's life. Forgiving people, they welcome them into the 'Rosewood Grandparent's Fold' the same as they have Annalise's mom. Life is GOOD.