Chapter 7- Chasing Cars... Well A Cab.

Darcy's POV.

"Look. A taxi." I stated, pointing out of the window. John twisted around to see and Sherlock just stared at it. "It's just stopped. Nobody's getting in..."

"Or out." Sherlock finished raising his head a little and I could see his brain whirring as he tried to process what was happening.

I noticed that the male passenger in the back was turning around and looking through the rear window as if he was looking for someone, "Why a taxi though, Sherlock?" I asked.

"Oh, that's clever." He mused to himself, as though he hadn't even heard me speak, "Is it clever? Why is it clever?"

I rolled my eyes and picked up my glass of water, "Don't answer my question then..." I muttered and finished my drink in one. I slammed it lightly onto the table, hoping to get a reaction but to no avail.

"That's him?" John asked in disbelief, staring out the window.

Sherlock glanced at him but then resumed staring at the taxi, "Don't stare."

I chuckled as John whipped around to Sherlock, "You're staring."

"You can't both stare." I stated and smirked at John.

Sherlock smiled at me, "Exactly." Then he stood, grabbing his coat and scarf, and headed for the door to leave.

I sighed and just stood up. I'd left my coat on, I knew we wouldn't be here that long and I don't trust anyone, I made my way to the door and smirked at Billy as I past him. He just shot me a glare and crossed his arms at me. I got to the door and turned around to see John shrugging his jacket on.

He didn't have his crutch. I looked him up and down, smiling.

"What?"

"Oh, nothing." I smirked and pushed the door open, still chuckling to myself.

As we exited I saw Sherlock just turning up his coat collar on his jacket and wrapping his scarf around his neck. I kept my eyes on the taxi, the passenger was looking all around where he was sat before he looked out the back window again. He seemed to make direct eye contact with me but turned back to face the front window.

Then the taxi pulled away from the curb and off down the London Street, away from where the three of us were stood.

Immediately, Sherlock took off. Striding towards the taxi, not even bothering to check if it was safe. He should have done, a car was approaching him rapidly from the left, "Sherlock!" I called out to him as the car got closer.

It was dangerously close, and the driver slammed on the brakes just as he was about to hit Sherlock. I breathed a sigh of relief and shoved my hands into my coat pocket.

Instead of walking around the car, however, Sherlock rolled over the bonnet and landed with both feet on the other side before taking off again after the taxi. Always a show off, I thought and stepped forward to stand next to John.

He glanced at me and rolled his eyes, in a split second, before putting his hand on the bonnet of the car and vaulting over it. "Sorry." He said to the driver, putting his hands up in surrender.

The driver glanced at me and then gave me a look that said, 'well do you want to jump over my bonnet too?' I shook my head and lifted my hands, which were still in my pockets, signalling that he could go past. He grumbled something to himself and stepped on the accelerator, speeding away. I chuckled and ran across the street, accidently running into another car coming from the other direction, "Sorry." I said to the driver before I turned and finally made it over to Sherlock and John.