Chapter 33- Hey, It's Carl!

A/N- So the chapters for the Great Game are going to be considerably longer as I'm going to try and fit each case into one chapter... finally managed to get this written!! >-<

~~~~

Darcy's POV.

Everything was playing on my mind at the moment, Mycroft's case, the bomber and ultimately my life after I was gone.

Would I even enjoy university? It was a well-known fact I didn't make a great first impression and most people I had met in my life just straight up didn't like me.

"Stop daydreaming, Darcy." Sherlock ordered as we jogged up the stairs of the police station and I was away in my own world.

We'd been in touch with Lestrade and he had traced the call to find our hostage, "Not daydreaming, Curly, thinking."

"About what?" He asked as we reached the door to the busy office floor, officers bustling around on cases.

I half-smiled, "Just stuff." I loved teasing him and I chuckled as he grumbled under his breath.

"Stuff." He scoffed and headed towards Lestrade's office, "Stuff? What does that even mean?"

I chuckled, "Personal stuff."

He groaned and John laughed as Sherlock pushed open Lestrade's office door, "Have you found her?" He announced as we all walked in and Lestrade just gestured to the phone he had in his hand, help up at his ear.

"Sorry." John whispered and Sherlock marched over to the window, looking out onto London.

I sat down in one of the chairs in front of Lestrade's desk and put my feet up, slouching back. Lestrade waved his hand angrily at me and I frowned, shrugging and pretending not to understand.

He gave me a threatening look and I smirked back as John sat slowly in the seat next to me, he shook his head at my appearance. My combat boots slung up on the desk whilst wearing my very nice dress, not exactly the pure definition of ladylike.

"She lives in Cornwall. Two men broke in wearing masks, forced her to drive to the car park and decked her out in enough explosives to take down a house." Lestrade announced, putting his phone down and tapping my boots, narrowing his eyes at me, "Feet off, Darcy, don't make me caution you."

Sherlock walked over to the desk as I grumbled and angrily took my feet down one at a time, Lestrade sighed and continued, "Told her to phone you. She had to read out from this pager."

He put a pager down on the desk and I snatched it up, examining it closely and widened my eyes, "Then, if she deviated by one word. Boom!" I commented and put my hand out expressively whist I still held onto the pager with my other.

"Or if you hadn't solved the case." John inputted and Sherlock wandered back over to the window.

He breathed out and spoke softly, "Oh. Elegant." My mouth twitched up into a slight smile but not enough that anyone noticed.

"Elegant?" John scoffed.

"But what was the point? Why would anyone do this?" Lestrade chipped in and I bit my lip in thought, twiddling the pager in my fingers.

"Oh- I can't be the only person in the world that gets bored." Sherlock said softly.

I chuckled, leaning forward to put the pager back on the desk, and commented, "Well, I feel sorry for all the walls around the world then."

Just then a phone behind us beeped and I whipped my head around to see Sherlock pulling the pink phone from his pocket before unlocking it, "You have one new message." An automated voice came from it and was followed by three short pips and one long one.