Chapter 12- So: Dim Sum?

Darcy's POV.

A paramedic rushed into the room and hoisted the almost dead murderer onto a stretcher, Sherlock and I stood back watching him get wheeled out of the classroom.

My breathing was heavy and rapid. Sherlock could have died.

I felt something being draped over my shoulders and a hand on the bottom of my back, guiding me out of the room. I walked down the halls almost in a daze, not taking in any of the surroundings and just made sure that I didn't trip down the stairs.

Whoever was leading me through the halls of the college was taking great care to make sure I was safe and didn't fall or walk into anything.

This couldn't have been just a random paramedic.

The doors that led outside opened and I was hit with a wave of cold air, I shivered and the person pulled whatever was draped over my shoulders further around me. I grasped onto the edges of what seemed to be an orange blanket and held it around me, trying to stop myself shivering. Whether it was from the cold or the actual shock that Sherlock could have died.

I could have died.

Next thing I knew I was sat inside an ambulance with my back rested on the wall and my knees pulled up to my chest. The blanket was still wrapped around me and I gripped onto the corners tightly.

My breathing was still heavy but not as rapid. And I just stared at the white hospital-like wall opposite. I could see my reflection staring straight back and I looked pale, wide eyed and worried.

Why was I reacting like this? I'd been in trouble before and never panicked like this.

"Are you alright?" I heard someone ask from next to me, and I turned my head towards the voice to see Sherlock sat on the step of the ambulance looking up at me. He looked completely emotionless.

I nodded, "I'm fine."

"You don't look fine." He responded and I glared at him.

"Why would you care?" I asked harshly. I felt bad as soon as I'd said it. A look of pain shot across his face but he soon became emotionless once again.

"You're right. Why would I?" He turned away from me and a paramedic draped his own orange blanket around his shoulders, he shrugged it off as soon as it was put on him.

I looked back at the wall and sighed, "I'm sorry, Sherlock." My voice wavered as I spoke.

He didn't turn to acknowledge me and I continued, "I was worried about you." I declared, my voice cracked slightly at the end.

This time, he turned to face me and frowned, "You were what?"

I glared at him playfully, "You heard me. I was worried. About you."

He smirked but then straightened his grin, "Don't be. Ever. Caring is a disadvantage. Don't care about anyone, especially me."

My expression softened and I nodded slowly in understanding, "You'll have to teach me how to do that."

"Do what?" He asked and I chuckled lightly, "How to not care."

He chuckled lowly and turned away from me, looking out at the officers and paramedics rushing around. Another paramedic walked over and wrapped the blanket around his shoulders again, I laughed at his reaction as he just held onto the edges and looked down at it in disgust.

I looked out of the ambulance to see Lestrade walking over, "Why have I got this blanket? They keep putting this blanket on me."

"Yeah, it's for shock." Lestrade stated and gestured to my pale form as I sat staring at him from the ambulance.