23. Clearing the air

Posie's POV

2 weeks later

the passed few weeks have mainly consisted of going to school, coming home, cuddling, eating dinner, watching a movie, and going to bed while Jasper and Alice stare at me ( I know it sounds creepy but i've gotten used to it). 

I know they are going to have to change me soon, which I should be more anxious about then I am. The thought of spending the rest of eternity as a vampire does scare me a little, but I wouldn't mind spending that long with my two mates. Plus, if I died, that would mean Alice and Jasper would spend the rest of their eternal lives in a depressive state, and I don't want to do that to them.

The Volturi have been sending us letters reminding us of the deadline to change me, which is now only 9 days away. All of this talk about turning me has got me thinking of what my vampire power night be, if I have one. Maybe i'll be able to read minds like Edward, or maybe see the future like Alice. Wouldn't that be cool? Two mates that can both see the future?

Currently I am in the car with Jasper on the way to Abby's house. I haven't talked to her since moving out a month ago, but I want to see her again before I have to get turned. I am going to try and clear the air between us. Even though she has never been nice to me, she is still my sister and I don't want to leave our relationship on a bad note.

"Are you sure you want to do this? I feel like this could turn out making things more complicated, and I don't want you to be disappointed." Jasper says as we pull into the driveway.

"Yes i'm sure. I know she doesn't deserve it but I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't try." I gave him a reassuring smile as I stepped out of the car which he returned.

"OK darlin', i'll be waiting here."

As I walk up to the front door a sudden wave of nervousness hits me. What if she really does hate me and doesn't want to make up? I shake my head clear of the thought and knocked softly on the door. After waiting a few seconds I hear a "who is it!?" from inside

"Its posie" I say back

the door opens revealing Abby in a cheetah print robe and bright pink slippers. She's never had a good sense of fashion.

"why are you here?" she asks roughly

"I wanted to talk to you."

"About?"

"I just wanted to clear the air, and I need to tell you something."

she sighs but opens the door wider

"alright, but lets make this quick I have company coming over."

I walk in and take a seat on the old stained couch in the living room. Gosh, i'm glad I didn't have to stay in this house for too long.

"Listen Abby, I know I kinda just picked up and left but the way you were treating me, and have treated me for pretty much all of my life is disgusting. Both you and our parents have given me such a hard time and treated me with practically no respect. I have never been even remotely rude to you and you had the nerve to stomp all over me. I may not have been strong enough to say anything then, but I am now." I say slightly rushed. I'm anxious to get all of this out of my system.

"I'm going to be leaving, and I don't know when i'll come back, so I think we should at least try to work our problems out now."

Abby stays quite for a while before finally saying,

"Why are you leaving? And where are you going?"

"Away, but that's not whats important. I want you to tell me why you have treated me so poorly."

"I guess I've just been really hostile since mom and dad kicked me out. I live a shit life, and when they kicked you out and sent you to live here with me, I knew you would turn out just like me if I didn't do something. So I treated you like shit in hopes that you would despise me and somehow it would keep you from being like me. I don't know, it sounds stupid when I say it out loud."

"Yea." I replied still trying to process everything she just told me.

"I'm sorry Posie, I shouldn't have been a bitch to you, I should have been the big sister you needed." She says with sad eyes.

I take a deep breath, "thank you for apologizing."

She goes in for a hug, taking me by surprise. 

We hug, and when we separate I smile.

10 minutes later I'm waving goodbye as I walk down the steps. I get in the car with Jasper and he smiles. 

"I heard it went well." He says smugly

I punch him in his arm and smile

"yea it went well, it just sucks we made up and now I probably won't see her again."

"I know its hard, but you still have 8 more days you can see her. Now no more sadness, your ruining my vibe." he winks and me and pits the car in drive.

"Oh wait! I left my phone in there, I'll be right back."

I go back and retrieve my phone from the house, then Jasper and I head back home.

.

.

.

Hope ya'll enjoyed this chapter! 

QOTD:

what's your favorite book you have read on wattpad?

Mine is probably androphobia by @Fudgecakexox . Its down for editing right now but when it's back up you best believe i'm re-reading the entire thing. Synn is so drool worthy.

See you next time,

- ZZ