9. Safety

Alice's POV

I can hear Posie's heart beating fast. I feel bad that she's so scared. I still can't believe that she was walking around in pain all day without going to the hospital, but Edward told Jasper and I that it was because she didn't have the money to go to the Hospital and she didn't want to burden anyone by telling them, so she just kept it to herself. We will have to teach her that she needs to always share with us and not keep secrets, especially when those secrets hurt her. But not yet.

Posie's POV

Carlisle starts to untie my shoe and tries to remove it but stopswhen I start whimpering because he was having to tug.

After making no progress with the shoe, Carlisle sighs. "You're foot is too swollen, I think we are going to have to cut the shoeoff." He says sounding sorry.

I just nod my head and let him cut them off. I am a little disappointed because I really don't have that many pairs of shoes in the first place. My parents never gave me money to buy anything because they said I have to earn it. But before I can sulk over the shoes, Alice leans in close to my ear.

"Don't worry Posie, we'll get you some new shoes."

I was going to say that it's ok but was startled by a sharp pain that shot up my leg. I grimaced. "I'm guessing that hurts?" Carlisle asks

"Yea" I replied simply being taken aback by pain and grabbing Jasper's cold hand subconsciously.

"Scale from one to 10?" He asks

"9 and a half" I replied

Carlisle keeps bending and poking and prodding and I keep whimpering. A few tears had escaped my eyes as well. Alice was quick to wipe them away.

"Okay. I'm gonna have to do an x-Ray but I'm fairly certain it's broken. You'll most likely need a cast and crutches depending on how bad the break is. How about you just rest it for tonight and tomorrow you come to my office at the hospital and we can get that x-ray? Until then I'll give you some medicine to help with the pain." Carlisle says

"Oh... um well I don't think I can do that... How much will it cost?" I questioned

"Don't worry about that Darlin, we've got you covered." Jasper says before Carlisle can.

"Um no you can't-" I was interrupted by Jasper.

"Yes I can, and I already did. Don't argue with me on this. We aren't going to let you walk around on a broken ankle." He says frankly. Something tells me not to argue with him so I just replied with a simple "okay".

After the fact, Jasper carries me back out to the car and sits me in the passenger side seat Since Alice wasn't coming with us. "Alright I'm gonna take you home and I'll pick you up in the morning and we'll go to the hospital, you'll have to miss school but you can't walk around on it all day." Jasper says to me.

"Um but I have a test tomorrow and I can't miss it." I say remembering the History test I have tomorrow.

Jasper just chuckles softly and says, "you know most people would be happy to miss a day of school especially when they have a test. Stop overthinking Posie, it will be just fine."

I find comfort in his words and with that Jasper drives off towards my house before dropping me off and wishing me a good night.

Even though I was in the house alone, I felt as if Jasper was still there with me. Not in a creepy way though. The feeling actually made me feel safe. I drifted into sleep feeling more secure and protected than usual. I sighed and thought to myself, ' I can't wait to see them tomorrow." And with that I sunk into a dreamless sleep.

Sorry it's been a little while. I can't write if I'm not in the mood and I'm not gonna force myself because that would take the joy away. Anyways how y'all doin?

QOTD: What is your favorite pair of shoes that you own?

Mine are my Doc Martins

Don't forget to vote!! Also if you see any errors please tell me I didn't proof read that much.

Luv y'all!

-Z