3. Human? Or other?

I'm pretending Alice is taller than she actually is for the sake of the story so just go with it

Rolling on my side, I hit the snooze button on my phone and tried to fall back asleep. But I can never seem to go back to sleep after something wakes me up. I get up, brush my teeth, brush my hair and put in two French braids then put some mascara and blush on. I've always like hairstyles like pig-tails, braids, etc but never wore them because I'm afraid people will think it's childish for a 17 year old girl to be wearing pig-tails. After doing what I needed to do in the bathroom, I walked out and picked an outfit. I'm used to just wearing a uniform, so I don't know what I'm doing. After weighing my decisions, I decided to go with a white turtle neck shirt with a tight red plaid dress and some black stockings (above). I grab my platform Mary Janes, slip them on and head out of the door, skipping breakfast. I don't usually eat breakfast anyways, plus there's hardly any food in this house.

I pulled into the school's parking lot and parked car. I have a black Toyota, nothing special. As I got out of my car I felt eyes of teenagers burning into me. It made me feel slightly insecure, but I just tried to brush it to the side. 'Come on Posie just get through today' I thought to myself. I just ignored them by tuning into that part of my head that felt safe and walked to get my classes. As I was walking out of the front office I spotted Hallie walking down the hallway.

"Hey Posie"

"Hey"

I liked how casually she talked to me, it felt as if we had been friends for a long time. It made me feel better about being around all of these new people. I don't like being around new people. I like consistency in my life. From being around the same people to eating spaghetti every Sunday for dinner.

"What class do you have first?" She asked

"Looks liiikee" I trailed off looking at my schedule "AP English" I said looking at the first period slot of the paper.

"Oh, so your smart. Ok well I have Biology so I'll just walk you to class then go"

"Ok" I replied as we walked towards classroom 211.

Hallie drooped me off in the classroom and I took a seat. I sat next to a girl with a short blonde bob.

The teacher walked in and introduced himself as Mr. Jenkins. He then spotted me in the back.

"Looks like we have a new student. Odd time to change schools in the middle of the first semester, nonetheless we are glad to have you here misssss..." he trailed off. "Omens, Posie Omens" I finished for him.

"Miss Omens" he repeated. Why don't you tell us something about yourself.

Ugh I hate these questions. I never know how to answer them. What if I say something stupid then everyone thinks I'm weird?

"Um I play soccer" I replied deciding to go with something fairly shallow. I don't like people knowing to much about me too soon.

"Well tryouts are coming up, do you plan on trying out?" Mr. Jenkins asks

"We'll see" Is all I say before I take my seat to send him the message I don't want to talk.

Time Skip

I was sitting with Hallie at lunch. I could see brother at the other end of the cafeteria with all of the jocks. I was gonna just go and wait out lunch in my car, but Hallie caught me on the way out. She told me to eat, but I don't like eating in front of people and only do it if I'm really hungry so I just told her I wasn't hungry. We were sitting chatting about classes when I saw 2 pairs of beautiful people walk in. In the first pair, there was a girl with long blonde hair, who was absolutely beautiful and stood at about 5'9. She made me feel slightly intimidated. She was hand in hand with a insanely tall and buff man with dark hair. They had to be one of the most attractive couples I've ever seen. Behind them the second couple, equally as beautiful consisted of a very feminine girl with a black pixie cut who stood at about 5'5, shorter than the other girl but still a good 5 or 6 inches above me, and a handsome man with golden brown hair who stood at about 6 foot. For some reason looking at them made me feel safe.

I looked at Hallie and asked,

"Who are the people who just walked in?" I asked looking at Hallie next to me. Hallie didn't even have to look to know who I was talking about. "Oh. Yea those are the Cullins. They are adoptive siblings but they are couples. Kinda weird if you ask me but it's whatever. The blonde one's name is Rosalie, she looks mad all the time, and she's with Emmett. The girl with the pixie cut's name is Alice, she's nice but also kinda weird, and she's with Jasper, the one who looks like he's about to pounce on someone." Hallie explained. I felt an odd pull toward those two, I can't really describe it. But from the way they were staring straight at me, I would guess they felt it too. "And him?" I motioned to another guy who walked in and had the same eyes as the rest of them. "Yea that's Edward, but don't try to go there, that girl over there, her name is Bella and she already is kinda with him." She says. I just nod my head.

There was something off about all of them. They all and the same eyes and walked with the same gracefulness, almost as if they weren't human. I'm pretty sure that Edward guy can read my thoughts because as soon as that thought crossed my mind, his head sharply turned in my direction.

I must have struck a nerve.

Make sure you vote if you want more.