reunited?

When Marinette had arrived at the Agreste residence, she forgot that the Wayne's would be there as well. Luckily, she wasn't in the mood to talk (never is) so she could go unnoticed.

She spent the majority of her time there, ignoring everyone and surveying the building, slowly building up a concrete plan. The only problem was that there were two places they would not be allowed and that was his office and the room with Emily's portrait. The two places she had a feeling she needed to see.

She knew she needed to split from the group, but that would be harder than you would think.

..~~..

"Mr Agreste, since we last saw each other, your son has grown to be 17, correct? Perhaps Cass and the boys would like to meet him." Bruce offered, after a mind numbing meeting he was right in saying they wanted to get out of there.

"I'm affraid that he currently has friends over and the majority are rather... How do I say it... Uncooth?" Gabriel said.

"Oh, don't worry sir, that'll be fine." Jason rushed to say, then he Dick and Cass, exited the room to leave the men.

As they walked, Marinette was quietly picking the lock to the unoccupied room that she was not allowed in. She knew the boys didn't notice but she had no idea how Cass thought.

She pushed the door open silently, as she was about to close it, she realised Cass was there.

"What are you doing?" she asked, quietly.

Marinette responded. "Saving Paris if you don't mind." She turned around.

"Let me help." Cass followed her further into the room.

"I can't. You can't. You don't know what you're getting into." Marinette said, glancing and picking apart the entire room.

"You know I can handle it... Martha, right?" Cassandra asked, to confirm.

"You've seen pictures I assume..." Marinette responded. It had been 7 years since she was called that name. "Cassandra Cain? Similar upbringing as Damien I assume. You didn't deserve that." Marinette ran her fingers lightly across the wall.

"I've heard your skillset. The only pictures we posses are those of which Damien has tried to paint. Yes I did grow up similarly which is how you know I can take care of myself."

Marinette blushed. "P-paintings?"

"So the feelings aren't one sided? He's been trying to paint you, apparently since the day you left. He went crazy without you..." Cassandra explained.

Marinette was fighting back tears. "Feelings?" She asked, her heart pounding, the thought that he'd forget her was useless all this time. That any of them would forget her.

"Why didn't you come back? Surely you missed everyone." Cassandra asked, she'd seen the pain they had gone through, it was as if someone died.

"I loved them all ... But I wasn't a Wayne I saw no reason to turn back ... Plus... You aren't the only ones with a city to protect..." She explained, pointing to her earring.

"That was you? That makes a lot of sense actually..." She admitted. "I suppose what you are doing right now is to stop your supervillain? Gabriel Agreste is him."