Chapter fourteen: the phone call

I wake up to the sound of my cell phone ringing and I groan, rolling over to grab it. I don't bother looking to see who is calling, I just answer it.

"Hello." I say sleepily.

"Nicole, I'm coming down to Newport. I NEED to talk to you." Abby says frantically.

"Abby, it's okay calm down." I try to assure her. I notice that she is crying and I begin to worry about what's wrong.

"No, it's not." She cries.

"When are you coming?" I ask her.

"I'm on a plane now, so I'll be there tomorrow night." She says, trying desperately to control her sobs.

"Abby, everything will be fine, I'll see you soon." I say and she hangs up before I can ask about what's wrong. I lay back on the bed and stare at the ceiling. It isn't long before I hear footsteps and the door to my room opens. "Hey, you wanna go downtown?" Jade asks. "What's wrong?" She walks to the edge of the bed, coming closer to me.

"It's Abby. She's coming tomorrow night." I say.

"Why didn't she tell me?"

"I have no clue." I say, sitting up.

"Come on, let's go. We're going to shop around a little and eat at the red parrot." I get up and smile. "How are you feeling?" I sigh.

"I feel better now, since I'm not throwing up. My little nap helped. Are the guys ready?"

"Not quite yet, they just got back from their run." Jade says.

"Oh, well let me just get ready." I say as I stretch.

"How are the twins doing?" She asks while I subconsciously put my hands on my stomach. The baby bump is slightly bigger, and a little more noticeable to others.

"If you didn't know, would you be able to tell that I'm pregnant?" I ask. It's beginning to worry me that people will notice. I'm not quite ready for the looks people will give me.

"No, I wouldn't worry. It's not that noticeable." She reassures me, smiling. "When are you planning on telling your parents?" I give her a worried look.

"Actually, I was thinking I'd tell them the next time they're home. I'll ask them to come down for a day." I say and she gives me a small smile.

"That sounds like a good plan."

"I'm just afraid of how much I will be showing." I say, looking down to my stomach.

----

"What shop do you want to go in first?" Mike asks us. I shrug my shoulders, looking to Jade.

"Why don't we just go in all of them." She says, gazing around like a kid in a candy store.

"That sounds good." I say. Justin takes my hand and intertwines our fingers together.

"How are you doing today?" He asks me as we walk to the first store.

"I'm good. It just scares me. I'm going to be showing, like really showing, soon." He smiles at me.

"Don't worry, you look beautiful." He says, making a blush creep onto my cheeks. Some of the people around us saw and smiled at us. Others just kept on their way.

"Are you two coming?" Mike calls to us. "Hurry up, Jade needs a leash. Has she never been here before?"

"No, only for a day at the beach, and I do not need a leash." I hear Jade say from inside a store. I laugh, and so does Justin, as Mike shakes his head chuckling.

"Let's go in." I say, pulling Justin behind me as I enter the store. It's a jewelry store called BeDazzled. I walk through the aisles and see Jade looking around, taking everything in.

"Jade, what about this owl necklace?" I call to her and she comes over quickly to see the delicate piece of jewelry. She picks it up and looks it over, then glances to me, smiling widely.

"I want it." She says excitedly. I laugh and nod in agreement.

"Get it." I say and she looks at it again.

"Only if you get something too." I roll my eyes.

"If you want it, get it." I say. "I don't have to get something." She puts it down and turns to me.

"No, I don't think I have enough." She says and, out of the corner of my eye, I see Mike watching us. Justin is looking at something I can't see. I roll my eyes again and Jade and I walk out.

"Guys, we will be out here." I say to Mike and Justin as we walk past. I sit down on a bench and Jade follows my lead.

"Have you thought of any names?" Jade asks.

"I haven't really thought about it. I guess it hasn't really hit me yet. I know it's weird, because I heard their heartbeats, but I guess it won't sink in until my stomach grows a little more." I say, watching as she puts a hand on my stomach.

"I don't think it's weird, it's still something to get used to." The guys come out and my stomach growls.

"Hey, can we get food now, I'm eating for three you know." They all laugh and I roll my eyes, getting up.

~~~~

"So, Abby is coming tomorrow?" Mike asks. I told them after we got our food. They all seemed to become happier, knowing most of the gang was going to get together.

"Yeah. Hey Mike, don't eat my fries." I say, slapping his hand away.

"Nicole, are you going to want to find out what gender the babies are?" Jade asks. I look to Justin, who wasn't paying attention. I nudge his arm and he turns to me with a smile.

"Are you going to want to find out what they are?" He nods his head, smiling.

"Yeah, I won't be able to wait the whole pregnancy. Also, so we can pick names for them."

"Do you have any names in mind?" Mike asks, stuffing a French fry in his mouth. I was still looking at Justin and he nods his head.

"There are too many names. I thought about it and I can only think of girls names. I like Olivia, Maci, and Gabriella. I think I'm the only dad who doesn't want a son." He says, looking down at his food.

"You're right, there are too many, and I kind of hope they are boys though." I say, taking his hand. "I might just be the only mom who doesn't want a little girl first." I say, laughing a little. He looks at me and smiles, squeezing my hand a little.

"Well at least you have enough names in mind for if you have two girls." Mike says.

"What if it's one of each?" Jade asks looking at him.

"Isn't that a really small chance?" She shrugs her shoulders.

"Hey, not to ruin our time here, but can we just head back after this?" I ask and they look at me. "What? I'm tired, but first we need to go to Cupcake Charlie's." I say and they laugh.

"You're not even that far along yet." Mike says.

"Yeah, but I'm craving a red velvet cupcake." I say, leaning back against the booth and resting my head on Justin's shoulder.

"Of course we can stop there." Justin says, moving his arm so it's around me.
__________________________
Hoped you liked it. So why do you think Abby was crying? What do you think she has to tell Nicole.

If anyone bet has name suggestions leave them in the comments. I'm not sure what I want them to be, but I don't know what to name them either.