Chapter 22 - Rosa's POV

"Victoria!" I exclaim, striding down the hallway.

Patrice is already in my room with our gowns. Women are setting up tables for our hair and makeup. Rocco just dropped off the jewels and all that's left is to find Victoria.

I knock on the door to the library before stepping inside. Victoria is on the ground surrounded by her children. Alice is off to the side with the bodyguards while Catarina sleeps peacefully in her bassinet.

Even with the nanny and plethora of guards, Victoria is always with her kids. It's got to be exhausting.

They're working on a puzzle of some cartoon character and Elle snatches a piece from her brother.

"That's not nice, Elle," Victoria is quick to scold, "give it back and apologize."

"But I need it," Elle protests, pointing to an empty spot in front of her.

"You do not take things out of peoples hands like that," Victoria says, "it's not nice."

"Fine," Elle huffs, handing the piece back over, "sorry, Enzo."

I smile at the interaction before clearing my throat. All three turn to look at me and Victoria rises to her feet. She kisses each of her kids on the top of their heads before walking closer.

"Where are you going, Mommy?" Elle asks with furrowed brows.

"The grownups have something to do tonight," she says, "don't worry, I'll make sure to check on you when I get home."

"Okay," Elle nods.

"Bye Mama," Enzo says with a wave. She smiles at him before crossing the room.

We walk side by side through the halls. The men are bustling around, adding the finishing touches to the gala. As we approach my room Victoria sighs.

"What's wrong?" I ask her.

"Do you think I'm overreacting with Luca?" she asks, brows furrowed.

"No," I scoff, shaking my head, "he's a jackass for what he did and you have every right to be pissed."

"You don't think I went a little far?" she questions.

I swing open my bedroom door and let her pass before replying, "what did you do?"

"I haven't spoken to him since he came back," she says, adding, "and I won't let him see the kids."

"He deserves worse," I shrug in response. Victoria laughs at that and I smile.

"Come, come," Patrice urges, waving us over.

Patrice hands each of us dressing gowns. I strip right where I am and slip the silk robe on. Victoria stands next to me with wide eyes, still fully clothed.

"Go change in the bathroom," I instruct, pointing to the door.

She nods and goes into the bathroom. She comes out moments later and places her clothes in a pile on my dresser. I link arms with Victoria and stride over to the makeup tables. We sit next to each other as the women begin to work.

"How are you going to get through tonight if you're not speaking to him?" I ask, eyes closed as soft brushes move over my skin.

"I know how to smile for public appearances," she says bitterly, "I won't draw attention if that's what you're worried about."

"I don't give a shit about that," I scoff, "I asked how you are going to get through the night."

"I'll be fine," she dismisses, "I have you and Gio."