Chapter 37

I squint against the sunlight as I wake. Rosa has splayed her entire body over mine; her leg hooked over mine and her arm draped across my chest. I place a kiss on the top of her head before gently running my fingers through her hair.

We both have packed schedules today so I hold her a little tighter, trying to squeeze in as much time with her as I can. I have to go pick out a venue for the reception and file for the marriage license at city hall. Rosa is supposed to meet with the florist and caterers.

Victoria offered to help her with all of the planning and as hesitant as I was at first, I'm happy they're becoming friends. Being in the mafia can be a very isolating thing; especially for the women. They need to be protected, at all costs, even if it means not having many friends.

Rosa begins to stir and I look down at her with a small smile. It feels like I'm living in a dream. Marrying the most perfect woman I've ever met, about to start our own little family.

She turns onto her back, stretching out her arms with a yawn. Her half lidded eyes travel to me and my heart skips a beat. She offers a sleepy smile before kissing my cheek.

"Good morning," she says softly.

"Good morning," I reply.

"I have so much to do today," she groans, draping her forearm over her eyes.

"I know," I chuckle, "want to go get breakfast?"

"I need coffee," she mutters.

I laugh and climb out of bed. I pad over to the closet where I select one of the many identical suits lined up there. I can hear her footsteps on the polished wood following after me.

She grumbles as she snatches a pair of shorts and tank top from her side. My hands stop buttoning my shirt as she strips. I take in her tanned skin openly as she slips into a bra. Her gaze meets mine and she quirks a brow. I simply smirk and go back to getting myself dressed.

"Oh God," she exclaims.

I turn around but she's already gone. I race after her and into the bathroom. She's on her knees heaving into the toilet. I quickly pull her hair out of her face and rub her back with my free hand.

"It's okay," I murmur, "just let it out, I've got you."

She sits back on her heels and grabs some toilet paper to wipe her mouth. She turns to look at me with a frown and I kiss the top of her head.

"You suck," she says, clamoring to her feet. She slathers her toothbrush in toothpaste, still pouting.

"I know," I reply with a light laugh, "I'm sorry, love."

I follow her to the sink and grab my tooth brush. She spits into the sink before splashing some water on her face. We stand side by side as we get ready for the day.

"Did you know I can only have one cup of coffee a day?" she asks, striding into the bedroom.

"No," I reply, "why?"

"Something about restricting growth," she shrugs, slipping her shoes on, "it's bullshit."

"I'll stop," I say quickly.

She turns to look at me, "what?"

"I'll stop drinking coffee," I offer, stepping closer and placing my hands on her waist, "if you can't drink coffee then I won't either."

"You're amazing," she grins, "I really don't know how I got so lucky."

"Trust me," I chuckle, "I'm the lucky one."

She pushes up on her toes and places a soft kiss on my lips. She pulls back quickly and moves for the door. I rush to catch up with her and wrap my arm around her waist.