Chapter 24

We did not go down to meet Yug's mother or the extra female she had tagged along. Both me and Aarini were sitting back in her room, crying, talking and then crying some more. Eventually cursing everyone.

I was coming out of my room after downloading a chocolate bar from the Q tab to give it to Aarini, when Brinda met me on the way.

It was a very odd time for Brinda to roam around. She usually leaves for her quarters after the sunset. So her presence, this late at night did have me a little curious.

"What is it?" I questioned my PA. My voice had gotten all sore due to all that crying.

"Your Majesty is calling you downstairs." She spoke meekly.

"Now?" Is there something wrong with the day today. Why is everything so weird around?

She just nodded to my question.

"Where is he?"

"He is going towards the garden I believe."

I rushed towards the garden, careful enough to not trip down the mighty stairs.

---

"You were calling for me?" my voice filled the seemingly sushed area. He turned his attention towards me. His face reading coldness, the one that I hate.

"Hmm?" I uttered again, when he did not say anything for a while.

"I want you to leave the palace." He finally said words that made everything around me go dizzy.

I stood there, absorbing the seriousness in his voice. I know he isn't joking. He doesn't joke around. He doesn't make rash decisions. So I know this was coming from a place of thought.

"Why?" I asked, unsure if I'd really wanted to know the answer to this.

It was as if he was prepared for this that he immediately answered, "I have a feeling that you're going to interfere with Yug's marriage. I don't want you to do that."

I was taken aback at his response. This was the last reason I was expecting. Just yesterday this man, had shown a very vulnerable side of his, and look at him now.

But there is nothing I can do anyway.

Aarini had been crying non-stop ever since she has got the news. Yug's reaction doesn't look hopeful. And I can't erase the fact off my head that I am first hand responsible for this.

I knew for a reason that if I stay here I'll either change the matters for good or worse, and as of now the latter seemed more possible.

I nodded in agreement. 

If this is what the King wants, then so shall be.

"Ok" I hardly uttered. "You won't see me tomorrow morning, I'll make sure of it" I turned to rush back to my room, before I break down in front of him.

"Just what the heck is up with you?" He spoke loud as soon as I started walking. His voice getting all restless.

I turned back looking at him at shock and confusion

What did I do now?

He walked towards me, narrowing the already little space between us. It made it a little difficult for me to look up at him directly. 

"Is he really that important to you?" his voice getting softer as he looked down at me, yet cold.

I couldn't comprehend what he was speaking. Perhaps because I was mentally already out of the palace, figuring out my life there. Or maybe because I was breathing his approximation, taking in his scent.