Chapter 7

Francisca's POV

It's been about two weeks since the new school year started, two weeks since I've seen my siblings in. Real. Life. Two weeks of seeing dad a couple of times from afar when he's dropping off Ivan and Dan, two weeks since Jenny and Lori last laughed at me when I told them that I was going to the same school as my brothers, two weeks of hiding the fact that I do go to school with my brothers from Matt, and on a lighter, more positive note, two weeks since I became friends with Violet.

It's been kind of a slow process but I feel like we are getting closer and closer everyday! I noticed some things about her like she doesn't really like me touching her, she said she doesn't really like most people's touch in general, I also kind of noticed that she doesn't really understand my sarcasm lol such I'm not used to with Jenny and Lori but she has some pretty funny reactions to them haha.

I kept actively avoiding my brothers at school of course, they seem to not have noticed me so far so that's......great? Not great? I'm honestly super confused.

I'm currently at my locker with Violet when her sister Clair approaches us.

Violet's sister is......a bitch, I'm sorry but she is, I tried giving her the benefit of the doubt for Violet, but the way she treats her sometimes is really shitty, or maybe indifferent is the right word, you can hardly believe that they are siblings, I mean I know not all siblings get along, not all of them are best friends but she always ignores her she doesn't even say hi or look at her, Violet says that she's really different at home but that doesn't mean I'll be okay with how she's treating her at school.

I have seen her with Ivan a couple of times though, it looks like they have a thing, and I think when I do gather up the courge to talk to my brothers I will lecture him on his taste in girls.

Anyways, Clair always ignores us so I don't understand why she's In front  of Violet and I right now.

She looks at me and then at Violet and hands her a lunch bag. Violet looks surprised and takes a look inside the bag.

Clair clears her throat and starts talking "mom confused the days, she packed orange foods instead of pink" she says "so I um- here are pink foods, there are strawberries in there, strawberry milk..." she continued.

Violet looks up at her and smiles "thank you" she says. Violet then reaches inside her school bag and gives Clair another lunch bag that I assume has orange...foods?

Clair nods in acknowledgment and walks off.

I give Violet a confused look since I didn't understand what any of that was about.

Violet blushes in embarrassment "I always eat pink things on Wednesdays" she says.

I nod still a little confused.

"It's a bit weird huh" Violet says.

"No no not at all" I say quickly.

"You don't have to lie" she says smiling slightly "I'm well...I have Asperger, it's a um a form of autism, i have been told that it makes me really different than others in some things" she says looking at my face, looking for what type of reaction she might get from me.

She looks incredibly nervous, and I wonder how hard it was for her to share that with me. It must be pretty hard, sharing something so personal but I was glad she told me, it meant we were really getting closer.

But Did other people not react in a good way when she told them?

"Oh cool" I say.

She blinks at me, "so what do you think of that?"She asks.