Chapter 29

Ivan's POV

I want to bleach my eyes.

Why? Because of what I just saw.

Dad and Matt kissing.

Let me backtrack.

I heard shouting.

I was just minding my own business, leaving my siblings and grandparents in the living room, when I heard shouting coming from dad's office.

Doesn't take a genius to figure out who exactly was arguing.

I walk up to the office and hear Matt shouting, something about not being a part of the family, taking a step back, something like that. About us only tolerating his existence. And I guess that is true for me.

And it makes me feel guilty because he has been nothing but nice to me, but I just can't seem to accept him, accept that he has Fran all this time and was basically as guilty as mom was in this whole mess. I know it might not be fair, but it's how I feel every time I look at him. Him having Fran all these years, him keeping her from us, her and mom being a big happy family with him and not us.

and by the time I reach there the shouting had abruptly stopped. That doesn't stop me from barging in though.

Big mistake.

Because what I see, is not something I can ever unsee no matter how many times I bang my head on a table.

Matt and Dad are kissing, no kissing is not the right word. They are full on making out.

And once they notice me they quickly pull away.

"Ivan!" Dad says, while I'm still staring wide eyed at them, they are still making out in my head and it's making me want to throw up.

This is so wrong on so many levels.

My dad and my.....step dad?

Matt looks at me and dad in panic and quickly leaves the room, running past me.

I am still staring at dad, bewilderment evident on my face.

"Ivan-"

I leave, running too before dad and can say whatever he was about to say.

What. The. Fuck.

I head to the living room, because I don't really know where one is supposed to go after seeing your dad make out with your mom's husband and see Matt there urging Fran to leave.

"But why so early? It's only 8." Fran says.

"I'll explain home, hun can you just go get your things now?"

"You can't just take my granddaughter away!" Grandma shouts, looking pissed off and Matt flinches.

I feel a bang of guilt when I see the expression on his face but try to push it away.

Fran frowns at grandma "it's okay, we'll go" she says, turning to Matt and goes to get ready to leave out of the living room.

"I just got to see her after years apart and you think you can just take her away again?" Grandma shouts at Matt.

"You can see her anytime Mam, I'm sorry that we have to leave so suddenly but you guys can still-"

Grandma scoffs "of course we can, it's not like you can forbid us from seeing her. Not again."

"Hey! Grandma it's fine, she'll be back tomorrow" Dan says before Matt can respond.

Matt gives Dan a grateful smile and then turns to look at me, he smiles too, it catches me a bit off guard.