Chapter 13

Dan's POV

By the time i reached the school it was already over and I see dad and Ivan speaking by the car.

I hesitant but I guess I can't run from dad now, i feel like today wasn't real, and I'm so exhausted.

I head towards them and soon enough they spot me.

My dad glares at me while my brother looks at me with curiosity in his eyes.

I get into the car without saying anything and not giving dad and Ivan the chance to say anything either.

After a few seconds they get into the car and we drive away.

We get home and I have so many thoughts running through my head.

I met up with Francisca, I spoke to her for the first time in years, I got to know what happened in all these years we missed.

I found out that mom died, I don't know how to feel about it, I mean should I be sad? Angry? I was so upset with my mother, I hated her for leaving and taking Francisca with her, I hated her even more when Francisca told me what our mom said to her about this whole situation. So, how should I feel about her death? I don't know. I just feel nothing at the moment.

Once We're inside the house and close the front door Ivan runs upstairs to his room leaving me with an angry dad.

That traitor.

He has his arms across his chest and he's glaring at me.

" Apparently you attended none of your classes today". He says

I nod my head, honestly I would love to feel guilty or scared of dad's punishment but I don't. I'm just so...happy.

I met up with my freaking sister! I met up with her! I spoke to her! My freaking baby sister who I missed everyday for the past six freaking years! And she told me not to tell anyone and that makes me so freaking mad.

I look at dad and I want to tell him the reason so bad, I want to tell him about how his daughter is coming back in our lives.

But Francisca wants to wait and tell him herself when she's ready, which she assures is soon, really soon, and I guess I should respect that...I don't like it but I'll respect it for her sake. I just hope she doesn't take too long and talks to her stepdad.

That's another bomb that was dropped on me...having a freaking Stepdad.

"I'm sorry dad, it's not gonna happen again" I say.

Dad raises his eyebrows at me. "Really? You're not gonna skip again? Well I guess I'm gonna have to take your word for it and let you be".

"Really?"

"No".

I sigh in defeat, shouldn't have fallen for that.

"Why did you skip Dan?" Dad asks.

I shrug.

Dad narrows his eyes on me "what? What could've possibly been more important than attending your classes?"

Meeting my long lost sister.

"Nothing dad, I was just bored, it's not the first time is it?"