Chapter 7: The Heartbroken Jasper

As if the guard with spiky hair had just spoken to no one, Jasper remained unmoving. He sighed in exasperation. No matter how fully he understands what the kid is feeling at the moment, he and the others were left with no choice but to follow their Alpha's order.

"Look, Jasper, as much as everything seems just like a nightmare to you, you have to realize that everything that's happening now is a reality. Your father, the Alpha, had just FREED AND OUSTED you," the guard even emphasized the words freed and ousted to make a point. Then he spoke again.

"Don't try to make any move against it or we will be forced to fight you. We don't want it to happen so please just cooperate. Stop fighting, son."

Jasper hissed in silent pain hearing those words. He gritted his teeth as his eyes started to become teary. Shameful of displaying his weakness, he raises his two hands to cover and wipe his eyes. The guards immediately blocked his way thinking that he would chase the Alpha or attack them. But they're wrong. Because as much as the boy wanted to do it, he could not anymore. For how could he when the guard just confirmed to him how real what had just happened? How did his father just show up to free and oust him and then just leave him like that? He just stripped him of his birthright! And for what? All for the crime he didn't even commit? What about his mom? Where was she when he needed her the most? It had been a year already since he's been imprisoned. During that time, none of their pack's members had visited him, not even Tom nor his own family. No investigation was carried on, he was just punished just like everyone else inside this dungeon. As such, he ate what other prisoners did, and did what they were commanded to do. And the worst part of it? He almost starved to death just like the rest of the prisoners. If not for that one-time extra shirt and food given to him thrice a week secretly by someone, he might have stunk and gone nuts or died just like the hundreds of prisoners he was with. Why wouldn't they when they were emotionally, mentally, and physically exhausted to work nonstop but given so little food on the table? Every feeding time, prisoners were killing each other to decrease the number of people their stomachs were to compete with. They were carnivorous but all that was given to them was porridge with a few leafy vegetables on top. No salt, no meaty toppings. Their clothes were all dirty and worn out, for no new clothes or whatever were supplied to them. If it had not been for that unknown person's help, who knows what could have happened to him in this forsaken place? He couldn't even believe himself that this is the kind of prison their pack had. It is a living hell for every living prisoner. And because of it, he remembered again that it was his father who put him into this place. Why oh why would he do it? What kind of a father is he? After putting him in this chamber of death, he showed up without showing any remorse or regret, freed him, and then demoralized and stripped him of his birthright the next. And the worst of it all, he seemed to cut his ties with him as a member of his family. Is it the same with his mother then? They never wanted him anymore so they oust him just like that? Is he so unworthy as a son for them to do that? He misses them so much but how can he get near them or talk to them without violating the Alpha's law? Unless he is ready to face his death, then maybe he can just violate the Alpha's will. Suddenly, he can no longer hold his heart's constriction. It is hurting so much. What had just happened struck him straight to the heart, prompting him to shout and cry out of self-pity, loneliness, and anger. He couldn't open his mouth to stop his father a while ago because if he did, he felt like he would just end up crying in front of him. He couldn't even move even a single step forward because he was too frozen to do so. It's a good thing he's now out of his sight because he can no longer control his agony. His heart is burning too much with pain as if somebody had crushed and turned it into tiny pieces at a very slow pace. 

"Am I not worthy as a son? Am I that bad to be treated this way by his father? His own family? His pack?", he thought. And the most heartbreaking of all, despite everything that happened, he still misses them so much, his mom and dad, even if they don't want him anymore. And with that thought in his mind, his agonizing voice along with his pained wolf's howl, the two of them let out a very loud, painful cry that the four officers couldn't take to look at. He slumped to his feet on the ground and cried a river like a long-lost child. Remembering the child who had caused this to him, seeing her replacing his position in his family's life, seeing in his mind how the three are getting very sweet with each other, his cry became louder and louder out of sheer pain, jealousy, and anger. 

"Mom! Dad! Please take me back. I am your child. Please, please, please. Don't do this to me, please. I want to see and hug you. I miss you both."

And with those last words he spoke painfully, he turned into his wolf form with only one thing in his mind. To go back to their home and see his mom and dad.