Papa and Mama

Loid finally got home with a peanut cake in his hand. He went to the kitchen to refrigerate it before checking on his wife and still recovering daughter.

Loid opened the door to the little girl's room and saw Anya soundly asleep. His wife turned to him as he emerged from the door.

"How is she, Yor?"

"Loid," she smiled after seeing her husband. "Anya is fine now. She asked me to call her Planetarium buddy that she won't make it today. After that, she went to bed and quickly fell asleep."

"I see. She must be tired from all the crying she did earlier. Thank you for looking after her, Yor." Loid said.

"Uhm, you really don't have to thank me," Yor replied slightly blushing. "I like taking care of Anya, even though I'm not really her mother."

For a second, Loid saw sadness in Yor's eyes.

"Er, I think I must do something. Excuse me, Loid." She stood and excused herself in a hurry.

Loid noticed the change in Yor's demeanor. 'Maybe she forgot something,' he thought. Loid chose to ignore it. He carefully touched Anya's forehead to check her temperature. 'Her fever's really gone.' He fixed her blanket. Loid then left the room and saw Yor enter her room at the same time.

'Now then, I need to do that mission so I can free up a day for Anya.' He opened his tiny planner. He scanned to check the assigned mission this week.

'This one.'

He pointed to a freshly-written series of letters G-S-Db:AS under Thursday.

'GSDb:AS - Grocery Smuggled Diamonds at Billa. Ostanian Diamonds will be smuggled in a box of flour brand Srettil for Hugaria at Billa Grocery. Informant said the box will be delivered Monday 5am and will be put at the back of the rack 39M by 10am of the same day. Diamonds will be brought to Mettle H Pawnshop to be inspected by a veteran Hugarian jeweler, so that would be the next point to intervene in case the diamond has been purchased. Price to be computed by the jeweler will be billed on Wednesday to Hugaria. Wire transfer will be made on Thursday. Estimated total cost of diamonds: 80 million dalcs. Funding direction: Ostanian Army and Guardian Force Armaments Section and Research Division. :AS means the mission is an ASAP-S class mission.'

Loid closed his eyes to think.

'If I'd get this done today until Wednesday, Thursday afternoon will be free for the Planetarium visit. Alright.'

Loid went inside his room to assemble the things for the mission. He got ready in no time.

Before leaving, Loid knocked at Yor's room. "Yor? I will be leaving for a while."

No one answered. Loid decided to take a peek. He opened the door and saw Yor on her bed.

He went inside and pulled the blanket over his wife. He noticed streaks of tears about to dry on her face.

'Is something bothering her? I should probably ask her later.' He thought. He then left the room, eventually the building, to begin his mission.

He went into an alley to meet Franky, his informant. They discussed the details of the plan.

"Yes, I'll be your driver and lookout." He pointed to a nearby car. Loid and Franky inserted a device in their left ear. Donning a fake face, he covered the device with his wig.

"Let's go." Loid and Franky went into the car.

Within 7 minutes, the two arrived at Billa Grocery. Franky parked in the front door parking. Loid alighted as a black-haired, purpled-eyed man in a blue shirt bearing a spatula and brown pants. He walked inside the grocery store. It was 10:42am.