[21]

September forty-first, fourteen twenty.

Amity awoke, to no one by her side. She sat up, looking around, empty. Amity pushed the covers off, wincing slightly, "Many regrets last night-" She stumbled to the desk, holding on to it tightly. "Can't feel my legs-"

She had Luz lying her head in Amity's lap, the witch cross-legged and sitting for several hours. She really should have taken Luz's offer to just head to bed but Amity had too much fun playing with Luz's hair. Amity stayed still as her legs awoke, doing a few practice walks before she began to ready herself for the day.

Parvati had bought her this nice dress with daisy's patterned on, Amity tying her hair up before sliding on her slippers and exiting the carriage. She walked in to Parvati's house, the door having been wide open. "Parvati? Luz?"

"Mew-"

Amity looked towards the kitchen, Cheshire grinning nervously, tail tucking in between his legs. "What are you doing here Cheshire?" Amity held her arms out as she walked over.

He pounced, jumping in to her arms, nuzzling her cheek, "Mew. Mrrr~"

"Have you seen Luz?"

Cheshire rose his paw, turning slightly in Amity's grasp, pointing to the open door. She stepped back out of the house, Cheshire staring off in the direction she needed to go. So, she went. Amity walked to the field, spotting Parvati and Luz examining the growing crops. "Morning!!"

Luz and Parvati looked up, the knight smiling brightly, "Amity!"

Amity smiled, letting Cheshire hop down before she met Luz by the crops. The human dried off her hands, hugging the princess, "Why was the door open?" Amity asked, hugging Luz back, looking to Parvati.

"Cheshire.."

He mewed, glancing away as Parvati glared at him. "Go close it. We don't want rats in the house." Luz picked Amity up.

Cheshire chuffed, trotting back towards the house. "Why weren't you in bed Luz? I woke up cold.."

"Hm~" Luz kissed Amity's cheek. "I was only gone for half an hour Princessa." She set Amity down. "And you have to get back. As much as I love you being here, you can't stay out long, and must get back before dusk.."

Amity pouted, Luz caressing her cheek, "I wish not to return to the castle. You're not coming back with me.."

"I'm trying, I promise. Cheshire needs me here to help his people..Once I've done enough, I'll come back. Besides. This is a good time for you to work on your manners."

Amity hid her face in Luz's chest, pausing for a second, quickly pulling back. "I've never seen you out of work attire.."

"You did, twice."

"Then they weren't memorable. The color is nice, where did you get it?" Amity fixed Luz's shirt a bit.

"My mom made it. She used to sew in her younger years and found a cheap, thin cloth for me. I think it looks nice."

"Huge bo-"

"Parvati, I'll kill you if you finish that sentence." Luz glared.

Parvati closed her mouth, waving Luz off and kneeling back down. "What were you two doing anyways?" Amity asked, pulling Luz down a bit to kiss her cheek.

"Checking for any bugs, aphids mostly." Parvati answered. "Ah, here's one now."

She brought her jar over, picking the aphid mother off the sprouts. Parvati placed it in the jar, dipping her hand in the water bucket, wiping off the little eggs. "Who brought you here anyways?" Luz looked to Amity. "You aren't allowed without me.."

"Gus was assigned to me when I asked for you back..Princess Willow is in the nearby town." Amity explained.

Luz nodded slowly, "I don't like that they have sent you without me Amity. Even if Agustus is a trustworthy witch, I don't trust him with you. You're my responsibility, my princess. I'll ask to take you back."

"And stay?" Amity asked hopefully.

"Princess.."

Amity sighed, "I know.."

Luz kissed her forehead, "Don't worry. I'm trying. But I think I'm going to need to rise on the pyramid to get back to you.."

Amity held on to Luz, humming softly as her back was gently rubbed. "I hate that you two are doing this in front of me." Parvati smiled. "But it's cute. Also please leave you'll make the bugs hor-"

"And we're leaving!" Luz picked Amity up. "I'll see you soon Parvati, please don't die out here, and uh- Yeah! Bye!"

Luz scampered off, Amity giggling quietly, "What was she going to say?"

"You don't want to know Princesa." Luz kissed her cheek. "What you need to stay away from I make sure you stay away."

Amity hummed, "Is that so?"

"Yes it was in the job description." Luz teased. "Anything else you need to do before returning to the castle?"

Amity hummed, "I need you to kiss me a couple hundred times before you leave."

"I suppose a layover is mandatory.."

Amity giggled, "Suppose?"

"Suppose." Luz nodded, kissing her cheek. "You brought rowan flowers I'm assuming?"

Amity nodded, "Of course I did. Are we leaving now or tonight?"

"Now would be good. I've done what I've needed to here for now, and since you are the princess, you can request me to take you back with my superior." Luz set Amity down. "But I will unfortunately have to return as soon as possible once I've dropped you off."

Amity grumbled, "And the King said I couldn't get you back til you've learned to behave." She mocked.

"Yes he is a pin in my side and I know the feeling is mutual." Luz held Amity's hand, bringing it up and kissing it. "Oh, Amity, I do have some rules to go over with you..And, you won't like them.."

        Tis, the adventure continues.