🍋 [61]

November forty-seventh, fourteen twenty. (69 is almost upon us, should I make it a smut only chapter?)

Paco mumbled softly as he gently flapped his wings, raising slightly before shaking his head. "Back down please, I still do not trust myself to fly." Paco pat Luz's wrist.

Luz lowered her arm, allowing Paco to slink around her neck and lie down, "Next time, then." Luz held her sword tightly, sliding down the hill and jumping over the small stream. "When we arrive at the town soon, we will find a healer and heal your wound."

"So we can move faster?"

"No, so you can rest without being in pain." Luz gently scratched his back. "While I wish to arrive soon, you need your rest. I do not mind walking, I do mind you working on your rest days. So it is my turn."

Paco shook his head, "I do not mind walking for you, Luz. The sooner we arrive, the more time we have to sort through our problems with the king."

"True, but if we do not care for you first, then you may get hurt again." Luz pat his back. "Ah, a man-made trail." Luz walked towards it. "Let's hope we do not perish."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Gelato had made the same mistake as Paco did, and fell down the cliff. He was okay, scarred and limping, but Boris carried him up so he had nothing to complain about just yet. Amity fell on their bags, only earning bruises instead of scars. "Luz was here." Amity said as she picked up the potion on the ground.

"Yer going off a potion?" Boris rose a brow, taking it from her.

"Huh? No, she wrote her initials on that tree." Amity pointed. "L.N."

"Oh. Well it looks fresh, we better catch up."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Arriving at the town, Luz found a beast keeper, and asked if they knew where to go to a healer. She was guided there, and Paco was treated. "Before I never speak to you again, I wish you to know that I deeply care for you, Luz. You are my person, and I thank you for caring for me too. I'm happy to work for you, and will gladly make up for lost time today. So long as we rest at the next town."

"Of course. I'll find another potion so we can have more talks," Luz kissed his nose. "And I deeply care for you too Paco, thank you for joining me. I'll find us a nice place to rest."

He pecked her cheek, taking a deep breath before jumping from her grasp. He landed with a thud, hooves stomping down on the ground. His saddle grew back to size, clipping itself on, "I did not miss you." Paco huffed, shaking himself.

Luz rubbed his cheek, Paco sighing and leaning into her palm, "You're free to go as fast or as slow as you want, okay? Stop if you get tired."

Paco nodded, nudging his saddle, Luz jumping up. She grabbed his reins, Paco snorting, kicking back the dirt, lowering his head. "It's Paco time."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Paco had reached a new record of 44 miles in the span of an hour, but he had to stop and eat with Luz a little over halfway through. He did not mind, and enjoyed Luz's compliments and pets. When he was ready, he carried on, arriving to the town before sunset.

"This..Is not the best town to stop at.." Paco snorted, stepping back, shaking his head.

"You don't feel safe either, huh?" Luz pat his neck. "A little farther from here is a smaller town, do you feel up to go there?"

Paco nodded, allowing Luz to guide him to a path, galloping on. He caught a scent, squealing and turning, ears perking. "What is it?"

He snorted, letting out a soft whinny that sounded like a whine. "It's..Too far from water.." Paco swallowed. "You shouldn't be here.."

Twigs snapped, a thud sounding nearby, then another, and another til a figure formed from the trees. Gelato limped near, snorting softly. "Gelato?-" Luz perked. "Where's..?"

Gelato crept closer, sniffing Paco out, the frise stilling. Gelato's tail raised, lightly hitting Paco's chest, the lipizzan letting out an unchaste squeal. Paco jerked at the sound, a sudden thrill filling him before he shook his head and jumped away. "No- No- You will not make such unruly and- Sexual- Sounds from my-"

Another squeal escaped Gelato, a soft snort coming from him, then he circled Paco again. "Is he- Flirting with you-?" Luz asked, baffled.

"It's a..Horse thing.." Paco hopped from hoof to hoof, snorting and shaking his head. "I'm falling for it- I can not be so unloyal to Gelato-"

"He won't know a thing." Gelato trot closer, nuzzling against him. "If anything, I sound just like him. You won't notice a difference." Gelato sighed, tail flicking up, brushing against Paco's chest. "I know you want to.."

Paco turned to follow, ears relaxing as he took a single step forward. "Paco," Luz tugged at his reins. "It's a siren."

Gelato let out a hiss, trotting a little faster, whinnying and falling to his knees. Paco and Luz jumped, Gelato glancing back, tail raising and lightly swaying from side to side. Paco stood upright, Luz leaning forward and covering his eyes. "Quit it you perverted horse!"

"FORGIVE ME!" Paco staggered back. "I have been very unactive for a year-"

"Don't listen to her," Gelato snorted. "Come on. I know how to ride, just not a carriage."

Luz and Paco drew back, the stallion's jaw dropping. "Luz get off I'm going to bash his skull in-" Paco rolled his shoulders back, glaring at the fraud.

Gelato turned quickly, "What-"

"How dirty of you to say such things!" Paco shook Luz off, whinnying and stomping towards Gelato. "Return to the wretched waters from whence you've came!"

Gelato brayed, scampering away and into the woods. Paco snorted, kicking back dirt and looking to Luz who just stared. "It was speaking-"

"Sirens do that." Paco nudged her. "Let's go before more show up."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

"'On't you dare!" Borris exclaimed.

Amity whined, stepping back, "But she wants to have se-"

"Close yer legs for ten minutes!" Borris yelled. "I don't think I've ever said that before, but that's a siren you fop-doodle!"

Amity rushed back to Gelato, Luz shuddering, "Honestly I'm rather grateful she didn't go through with it-- I don't think I've ever tried to kill someone so-- Lustful-" The siren slithered away. "Bye!"

Gelato shook his head, trotting back onto the path as Amity adjusted on his back. "I, would never do what you just di-"

Paco walked in front of him, snorting softly, "It may not be spring, but I'm up alllll year long."

*Mating season for horses is Spring

Gelato stood tall, raising his hoof and jabbing it straight into Paco's chest, the siren falling over. "I may be of age and ready, but I prefer dinner first." Gelato hopped over the body, following the trail. "I wonder if the next town has stables.."

Tis, the adventure continues.