Chapter 5: time spent together

I wake up in a dark room the thick blanket surrounds me. I sit up and look around. Harlow isn't in sight so I get off the bed. My leg feels better but I'm still very sore. That's when I notice it. My clothes are changed and I now have a bandage wrapped around my leg. I'm now in a huge shirt that falls to my knees and I'm wearing only underwear underneath. I'm no longer covered in mud and blood and my hair is wet.
Did he do this. That's means he saw me naked without my permission. I think to myself as the door opens. Only the blue moonlight shows his silhouette he stops and then slowly moves towards me. I back up till I'm against the wall. "Why are you awake this late you need your sleep." He says tucking my still damp hair behind my ear.
"Did you change and bathe me?" I ask looking right in his eyes. "No the maid Luna did but I patched you up." He said with a confused tone. This made me feel slightly worse that a complete stranger who I haven't even seen had saw me naked. "Now why are you awake and out of bed?" He asks caressing my cheek. "I couldn't sleep." I say looking away. "But you need your rest my love, would you like for me to come to bed?" He asks gently moving my chin to face him.
"No but could you take me to where I'll be sleeping?" I ask fiddling with my fingers. "This is our room." He states with a confused look. "Your joking right?" I ask as I move his hand off of me. "No you are to be my wife and then my mate so you will share a bed with me." He says grabbing my face again."wait we're getting married?" I ask angrily and push him off of me as I walk away from him.
"First you take me from my home then you say we are mates now I'm getting married?!" I slightly yell as tears start to form. "Why are you so SELFISH!" I yell and then run out of the door. I guess this is how I try to get away I think to myself as I race down the corridor. I can feel him right behind him. I can smell his pine sent that's mixed with flowers. I run down the stairs and on the last step my leg gives out. I fall as I whimper in pain.
He instantly pounces on top of me and holds my hands above my head with one hand. "Please just let me go." I cry out as he looks into my teary eyes. His eyes are red and he's snarling like an animal at me. It caused my heart to stop. What was he. "Your gonna regret that." He says as he quickly picks me up over his shoulder. I hit his back a yell for him to put me down and let me go but it doesn't faze him. I'm thrown down on the bed and he stands in front of me staring at me with those same red eyes.
I'm still crying. "You stay here we're only I can have you, you are MINE!" He yells the last part and I get off the bed and walk up to him. "I will never be yours." I spit out and he grabs my wrist as I go to turn away. "We'll see about that." He then puts me on the bed and then sits next to me. "Now sleep." He states and I just roll over. I adjust my body so I'm on my stomach and my right leg is bent and my left is laying straight. My face is turned towards the window so I can't look at him.
"Can you not lay like that?" He asks in a frustrated tone. "No this is my bed too why does it bother you so much?" I ask not really caring. "Because your so tempting to me it's taken so much self control and your just making it harder to resist." He states and I roll my eyes. "We'll than roll over cause I'm not moving I don't give a shit if it makes you uncomfortable you pervert." I say and I hear him let out a frustrated sigh as he rolls over. The next week was hell. He made me answer questions about my life while I asked him stuff about his. Things like our favorite colors and what our families are like.
       He wouldn't leave my side I only got a break when he left to do work or a meeting but a maid named Luna would watch me while several guards stood outside my room. This whole time I was trying to figure out how to escape this place. I would need to get some type of weapon.
       I could take a knife or a bow and arrows since I took archery classes all throughout high school I might be a little rusty but it's better than nothing. I heard the door open and I quickly crawled back into bed not wanting him to question why I was up late. "I know your awake Jade." He says as I hear him shut the door. I sigh as I stand up. I know he would get mad if I pretended to be asleep. And I didn't feel like dealing with that right now.
"Your still wearing my shirts? Well the seamstress will be here in a week so you'll finally have clothes of your own but you'll find they're quite different from those you wear on earth." He says as he starts to get dressed. I look away and he notices. "You know you don't have to look away from me every time I get dressed after all we are going to be married in a few months." He states as he slowly walks towards me.
He reaches for my face but I push his hand away. "You can't stay mad at me forever." He says with a sigh. "No but I can sure try." I say with a sarcastic smirk. "Seriously Jade I care for you I don't know what I have to do for you to forgive me!" He sorta yells as he sits on the bed. "Well why don't you start by taking me back home and leave me alone!" I yell back using my hands to express while I talk.
He suddenly stands again and walks to me again. "You already know the answer to that." He says getting closer. "You want to know what I did all day? I thought about you, and you won't even give me a chance." He says cupping my face in one hand. "We'll you should have thought about that before taking me away from everything I love and know." I say pushing him off to me. As I go to walk away he grabs my wrist. I'm pulled back against the wall. He's almost pressed against me, he cups my face again in one hand while the other grips my wrist tightly but gentle as he says "you will learn to love me, besides once I mate you and you wear my mark you'll live till eternity with me." He says so close to me I can feel his breath fan my faces
I just roll my eyes and push him off. I sit on the bed. I'm not going to lie after getting to know him he's sweet and caring but he's also an arrogant selfish asshole. Everything in my heart wanted to forgive him but after everything I've been through I could not just forgive him that easily. "Look Harlow your right we're going to spend the rest of our lives with each other but that doesn't mean I can just forgive you, you practically ruined my life it's gonna take time." I say and he just looks at me with sorrow. I sigh and lay down pulling the blanket up to my chin.
One thing I've noticed is that it is much cooler here than earth. Which causes me to shiver quite often at night. Harlow always offers me to cuddle but I always refuse. Although he smells nice and even though I don't lay against him I can still feel his body heat. As the night progresses I can't fall asleep. I hear him shift around but he's not trying to talk so he's most likely asleep.
I watch the stars through the 10 feet tall windows he has that open and lead out to a balcony that I often spent most of my days out at. I think about how different everything is here but also how similar it is. How weird is it that the air is breathable here and most of the aliens here speak English.my thoughts are interrupted by a large hand laying on my lower hip.
I look over my shoulder and Harlow has his face buried in my neck with his hand around my waist. I try to move away but he just pulls me back in holding me tighter. He's still asleep but I have never noticed him do this before.
I'm kind of glad since it was cold but it just confirms that I will be getting no sleep tonight. I notice his hand slowly making its way up my shirt. But it stops just mid waist. I freeze in place, his hands are rough yet so smooth. His touch is cold and it causes chills to go up my spine.
     Why is it that the person I hate the most right now is my kidnapper and an alien king but he would also would totally be my type back on earth. I know he won't let go of me so I should just try and get comfortable. I watch as the moons fall and the sun rises.
I'm so exhausted but I couldn't sleep. His hands haven't moved from my body an inch since last night. I'm finally able to move his hands off of me and I stand up. In front of the bed is a full length mirror in the wall. I realize I'm still wearing his clothes that are 10 sizes to big. I try to step closer to the mirror but a hand grabs my wrist and pulls me down.
      I'm flipped around and I'm laying in his chest. I look up and our faces are only a few inches apart. "Were you looking at how beautiful you are in the mirror?" He asks with a smirk. "No I was wondering when I'd be getting normal clothes again." I say trying to sit up.
       He sits up with me and grabs my hips so I'm sitting in his lap facing him. I look away from his face. He silently grabs my chin gently so I'm looking at him. He catches my gaze with those dark purple eyes as he stares into my brown ones. "you'll get clothes soon, but they aren't normal clothes that your used to they're different." He says still holding me in his hands.
"Anything is better than shirts that are too big and underwear." I say trying to get off his lap. He holds me tighter. "I like seeing you in my clothes and my sent on you let's everyone know your mine." He says his cool breath fanning my face. "I'm not yours." I state trying to pull away.
       He pulls my waist closer and his face is almost touching my neck. I can barely feel his lips against it. "You will be soon enough." He says his breath tickling my neck. He suddenly pulls away and I stand up. "Get ready because in an hour we'll leave for the market after breakfast of course." He says making his way to the bathroom. "For what?" I question as he opens the door. "To get you some temporary clothes." He states and the door closes.